Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: baa baaa baa bababababaaaa baaaa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
lol.

ok, this morning I set the dwell and timing. I drove the car. seems to do ok. If I hold the rpm's up, the car does that nice smooth running sound... then it's interrupted with the ba ba bababa baba baba.... I dunno if it's missing, sucking air, fuel issues or what...

Joe... this car is SOOOOO gonna end up stuck in your driveway! lol.

also, I pulled the wire from the throttle switch, was going to try that again now that it's timed... then the car wouldn't start. lol. Grrrr....
So.Cal.914
Oh boy, take your pick. Start with the easy(cheap) stuff Look for a shorting plug

wire. When is the last time the condenser was changed? Check valve clearance,

vacuum leaks and fouled plugs.
JoeSharp
You have AAA and it is less than 5 miles to my house and that should put within the cars 8.7 mile self imposied running limit. You know I'm going to tell you to straighten out your vacume lines.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
HeloMech
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 29 2006, 11:31 AM) *

Oh boy, take your pick. Start with the easy(cheap) stuff Look for a shorting plug

wire. When is the last time the condenser was changed? Check valve clearance,

vacuum leaks and fouled plugs.

I just replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condensor, coil, battery. This morning I set the timing.. which was at about 27 at IDLE.. not at the 3500rpms like in the book. I haven't checked the valves as of yet. I'm going to pull the plugs again and see how they've faired since the car has been running. vacuum hoses have all been changed. There are some that go to the air cleaner that are a little weird because of this funky cold air intake thing on the car from the PO.
pete-stevers
i thought this was a thread stated to entice miles back
HeloMech
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jul 29 2006, 12:15 PM) *

i thought this was a thread stated to entice miles back

someone fancy the occasional sheep? sheeplove.gif

lol, as I click that emoticon.. it actually says miles...
You guys are just WRONG! lol
fiid
baa baaa baa bababababaaaa baaaa, what's it mean?

I don't know - but:

laa laa laa laa lalala laaa

is from the chrorus of Hey Jude by the Beatles....

biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Dude, mine was worse than that.
Bam Ba Bam bam ba bam bam.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.