Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little ink in Car and Driver this month
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
The article is about Elliot Forbes-Robinson and his career. It mentions he gets 2K a weekend driving vintage races and there is a picture with him kneeling by the 99 car. I'd love to scan it but copyrights you know.

Dave
URY914
This one?

DNHunt
I'm not sure. The banner on the windsheild says Brumo's Porsche. Brumo's Porsche is in the front bumper and there is the #5 on the right headlight. The oil cooler and chin spoiler are different. And the A pillars are white on the pic in CD.

Dave
URY914
Maybe this one.
URY914
BTW why would a car owner PAY a pro driver to drive in a vintage race? Its not for points to a championship. I'll drive it for free or others would pay to drive.
DNHunt
That looks like it. It's a pretty interesting article. He sounds like a great guy to sit and talk with. He got his start in AX with a VW and thinks that helped him become fast and easy on equipment.

Dave
URY914
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jul 30 2006, 05:16 AM) *

He got his start in AX with a VW and thinks that helped him become fast and easy on equipment.

Dave

That's my plan too. I keep waiting for the phone to ring... sad.gif
Brad Roberts
BTW why would a car owner PAY a pro driver to drive in a vintage race? Its not for points to a championship. I'll drive it for free or others would pay to drive.

UM.. It increases the value of the car... more than the 2k the owners spends

B
bernbomb914
I wrenched Elliots super Vee special in 1975 when he won the super Vee Championship. raced everywhere from Elkart Lake to Mexico City.
We had a lot of fun, raced every major track. It was my second childhood living large. saw him at infinon two years ago when nascar was there. His son was racing a Thunderbolt in one of the side shows.

Bernie
Lou W
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 30 2006, 08:34 AM) *

UM.. It increases the value of the car... more than the 2k the owners spends

B

Wow, I would have never thought of that, I guess it make sense. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.