Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all SoCal poseurs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
PCA's Orange Coast Region has officially creamed everyone's lame excuses for not showing up at an autocross and proving your bullshit stories about how fast your car is, how good your driving is and how cool you look at the wheel of a 914.

Sunday August 6th at El Toro Marine Airstation in picturesque Orange County, just east of Irvine. Over a mile of unused runway (recently repaved for just this purpose, I'm told.) This venue ius within striking distance of many dozens if not hundreds of Club914 members, and because it's a Sunday Morning, no traffic worries!

So haul your lard asses out of bed and come on down and show your stuff. Or at least come see what real 914 drivers look like.

This is a challenge, people. I'm throwin' down!

PCAOCR
Aaron Cox
we are all headin up to the RRPCA one in san bernardino... night time baby on the 12th.....

hummm.....
HeloMech
dagnabbit... I'd love to go watch that. I've got military drills that weekend. How late does it run?

KaptKaos
I'll be out of town, but if they are going to hold more there, I will be game. I've never AX'd before, but since I added my front sway and new springs, I think I am ready to give it a try.
Brad Roberts
Damn.

I wanted to work all weekend on Marks new engine!!! We could have had it done for this event!!

Compression is set. Next step is to set the rocker arm geometry.

I'll be there. Dont know what I'll drive, but I'll be there.

B
kdfoust
I'll be there Herb. I won't be oiling down the track either... biggrin.gif

Hell, I probably won't even have to get out of bed til 6:30. I could used to AXing at El Torro.

Later,
Kevin
turboman808
I like how you cut your rear fenders open. Looks really cool. Kinda hate that tucked up in the fender look.
anthony
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 30 2006, 09:46 PM) *

I like how you cut your rear fenders open.

Sawzall???
tomamafone
I'll be there in our track car (new 2.7!!!)
I'm also going to be bringing the video camera for footage for the Video Promo so take a shower or somethin tongue.gif
hmeeder
I like how you cut your rear fenders open

That's pretty much a temporary condition. Down the road a bit I'm looking to add HPH flares. Right now, it's just gotta function right. Piece of string, a sharpie and a jig saw and you too can replicate this white trash hi-po look for your car! Shabby-chic is in, I'm told.

I'm not sure how long OCR runs and since it's a new venue for them, it'll be a first look for nearly everyone there.

Hope to meet some new people there as well as the usual suspects.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(hmeeder @ Jul 30 2006, 10:18 AM) *

PCA's Orange Coast Region has officially creamed everyone's lame excuses for not showing up at an autocross and proving your bullshit stories about how fast your car is, how good your driving is and how cool you look at the wheel of a 914.

Sunday August 6th at El Toro Marine Airstation in picturesque Orange County, just east of Irvine. Over a mile of unused runway (recently repaved for just this purpose, I'm told.) This venue ius within striking distance of many dozens if not hundreds of Club914 members, and because it's a Sunday Morning, no traffic worries!

So haul your lard asses out of bed and come on down and show your stuff. Or at least come see what real 914 drivers look like.

This is a challenge, people. I'm throwin' down!

PCAOCR

Time and directions from 405 please ?
kdfoust
QUOTE(tomamafone @ Jul 30 2006, 11:33 PM) *

I'm also going to be bringing the video camera for footage for the Video Promo so take a shower or somethin tongue.gif

What video promo?
hmeeder
It's basically just north of the 405-5 split

Here's a map

El Toro Marine Air Station

And yeah, what video? Shall I contact my agent?
Toast
QUOTE(hmeeder @ Jul 30 2006, 10:18 AM) *

This venue ius within striking distance of many dozens if not hundreds of Club914 members, and because it's a Sunday Morning, no traffic worries!
PCAOCR

av-943.gif Depending on how far you really have to drive. Is striking distance determined by how big of a bomb launch you need to reach the track from your house? biggrin.gif (yea, i'll probably be there.)
tomamafone
QUOTE(kdfoust @ Jul 31 2006, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(tomamafone @ Jul 30 2006, 11:33 PM) *

What video promo?

I'm putting together a video promo for this here 914world.com to be passed out and displayed at (correct me here brad) some sort of tradeshow/expo/get together ma-jig. So i'll be bringing the video equipment and probably requesting rides/shots etc. along with driving. My dad is racergreg here on the club and our teener is red number 47. look for us there!
Brando
I love the kind invitation, Herb. laugh.gif

I would love to come run, but I work.

What's the timeframe on this? Registration fees? I might not get to run, but I might get to watch...
hmeeder
What's the timeframe on this? Registration fees? I might not get to run, but I might get to watch...

Well, Auto-voyeurism can sometimes "satisfy" blink.gif

Typically an AX with SDR would run until approximately 5 pm and I imagine OCR will be similar.

Pre-pay registration is $60 ($75 for late reg) and the deadline to avoid the late fee is today.

Not sure how strict they are going to be about being PCA member. I know that Orange Coast is trying to "grow" their AX program and have made concessions in the past to fill their rosters. Who knows. They may be willing to introduce their program to new drivers.

If you've got questions I would contact Steve Seguino, their AX chair, who would make the call. Contact info is on the link at the top of the topic.
Aaron Cox
60 boneS? yikes
rcrgrl
QUOTE(hmeeder @ Aug 1 2006, 06:44 AM) *

Well, Auto-voyeurism can sometimes "satisfy" blink.gif

when its all you can get....

see you guys there - closer than riverside for us smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Herb,

now you know damn well we have *some* ladies who like to AutoX.

typically they carry "their" balls in their purse. I would like for them to keep them there and not show me.

Just found out I'm waiting on control arms for the Boxster..

B
Brad Roberts
Just called one of my 996 buddies.. he is in!!

B
Brando
How many runs per session, Herb?
kdfoust
I'll do some answering for Herb here since he doesn't normally run with OCR.

We've been seeing 2 practice sessions of 5 or 6 runs each depending upon the turnout and timed sessions with 3 timed runs and 1 tire warmer run.

The AX chair, Steve Eugina, is a SCCA pro-solo driver and national champion who has been AXing for like 30 years and is extremely quick. I noticed he had #2 TOD last PCA event in San Diego. Normally Steve does the course design, however, I believe that David Palmquist, another SCCA national champion who is driving an FI 911 will be doing the course design this weekend. Generally the course will be challenging but designed with the fact that we typically get a number of noobs so it won't be diabolical. Because of our club member's close friendships with SCCA people it's not unusual to see a number of other SCCA national champion AXers at the OCR events driving other cars. We had 5 Z06 Corvettes at the event in Pomona that were EXTREMELY well driven.

The combination of a quality venue (we hope), good people, and high caliber driving should make for a fun day.

Later,
Kevin
hmeeder
typically they carry "their" balls in their purse

I invited everyone to show some sack, not their balls!

A purse is a kind of sack, no? bootyshake.gif
Allan
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 30 2006, 11:22 AM) *

I'll be there. Dont know what I'll drive, but I'll be there.

B

So you're not gonna make San Berdoo?
kdfoust
I forgot one thing. The driver's meeting @ OCR AXes: 5 or 10 minutes.

Later.

QUOTE(kdfoust @ Aug 1 2006, 04:44 PM) *

I'll do some answering for Herb here since he doesn't normally run with OCR.

We've been seeing 2 practice sessions of 5 or 6 runs each depending upon the turnout and timed sessions with 3 timed runs and 1 tire warmer run.

The AX chair, Steve Eugina, is a SCCA pro-solo driver and national champion who has been AXing for like 30 years and is extremely quick. I noticed he had #2 TOD last PCA event in San Diego. Normally Steve does the course design, however, I believe that David Palmquist, another SCCA national champion who is driving an FI 911 will be doing the course design this weekend. Generally the course will be challenging but designed with the fact that we typically get a number of noobs so it won't be diabolical. Because of our club member's close friendships with SCCA people it's not unusual to see a number of other SCCA national champion AXers at the OCR events driving other cars. We had 5 Z06 Corvettes at the event in Pomona that were EXTREMELY well driven.

The combination of a quality venue (we hope), good people, and high caliber driving should make for a fun day.

Later,
Kevin

Brad Roberts
I had a friggin blast.

Next time.. somebody introduce me to some of the SoCal 914 people. Just because I brought a ass dragger.. doesnt mean I wont socialize with the club members!! alfred.gif

Anyone shoot any pics?

B
TonyAKAVW
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=58123

picture thread...
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. got that..

I guess it is easier to start a new thread!

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.