Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update on the project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
Well, thanks to everyone on this forum, the 914 is running again. Oil leak down to a mear drip. In fact, it seems to be comming from the remote oil filter site. Hot evening, my son and I out for a spin. Oil pressure 1-3 bars. Temp about 200. Cylinder head temp. darn forgot to hook it up. Sounds sweet though. Smooooooth.
Oh well. did not get the shifter rod hooked into the rear shifter link correct. No reverse. Well, neutral and out side and push. That got fixed first thing this morning following mass. Shifting seems fairly crisp. Kennedy clutch adjusted. A little back fire on deceleration. Hope the local police do not hear.
Well, outside, and sanding the little rust spots in the front and rear trunk compartment. Treatment with extend. sanding and painted the rear trunk before the rain started. Good thing reverse worked. Had to get it in the garage quickly.
Tomorrow the list is to sand and paint the inside of the trunk lids, and door jambs. Then it's off to the painters for a new Bright Yellow paint. The only concern I have is I wish there was someone who could look the car over and suggest that the thing is ready for continous use and reliable. I need to relocate for a few months and would like to take the care with me.
Thanks again all,
Larry
fitsbain
Well the 2 experts out here on the Right coast that I can think of are Evil and Grasshopper. I'm not saying that there aren't more great people out here, Just that those are the 2 names that pop to mind. Evil is in Hershey, Grasshopper a bit farther south. Both have been to my place in Pittsburgh to help me out, Along with a bunch of other people. I'd offer to help you out as in the next 2 weeks I'll be out to Cleveland, and Dayton, but I'm no expert.

Anyway if there is time I should stop by and see your ride.
lmcchesney
Thanks Fitsbain.
I'm pushing to get the thing into the paint shop to meet their deadline and I will be gone over the weekend.
Hopefully, when I get back.
Larry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.