Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Any listers near Cartersville, GA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
Looking at a BMW 325e motor that's in Cartersville, GA. Looking for a non-clubber to check it out, make sure the deal's legit. Looks like it's about an hour NW of Atlanta. Need it done soon. Thanks, The Cap'n
John G
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 31 2006, 01:57 PM) *

Looking at a BMW 325e motor that's in Cartersville, GA. Looking for a non-clubber to check it out, make sure the deal's legit. Looks like it's about an hour NW of Atlanta. Need it done soon. Thanks, The Cap'n

icon_bump.gif

Sorry Cap'n, but I'm about 3 hours from that place (6 hours round trip), but there are a number of club members up that way. Here's a bump for ya.

John
Cap'n Krusty
I just talked to the guy. Doesn't sound Nigerian, or particularly sleazy, so I'm gonna just go for it. Cheap enough. Thanks for the bump! The Cap'n
Al Meredith
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 31 2006, 05:57 PM) *

I just talked to the guy. Doesn't sound Nigerian, or particularly sleazy, so I'm gonna just go for it. Cheap enough. Thanks for the bump! The Cap'n

There is a Porsche Guy who used to have a P shop in Marietta. Ga . I went to his house in Cartersville to look at some 914 stuff he had, I think his name is Chris. He was very fond of the 914 stuff. Wanted way to much, maybe he didn't know what I know. PM me with the name and I'll respond. AL
smdubovsky
You're actually going to ship an E30 325e motor? We can barely give them away... Heck, we've bought complete running i cars for $200-300.

SMD
d914
i'll be home later this week.....if thats a help...about 30-40 mins...not a motor expert but I can poke around the edges
shadygrady
Just saw this thread. That's only 20 miles from my house. I go through Cartersville at least twice a week. I'm not a mechanic, but I can check to see if motor is real.

Al, Does the 914 guy in Cartersville live on Old Cass - White Rd? I passed a house there with several Porsche's including a 914 in the yard. I didn't stop as there was a no tresspassing- keep out sign at gate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.