Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carrera GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
Reading the article in Autoweek, I quote:
"The manual is good, if a little vague in the middle of the double-H pattern. It needs stronger springs to convey better feel. One journalist the week before us tried to go from fifth gear to fourth and went instead from fifth to second. That might have been because the shifter was vague or it might have been because he was a moron. The engine to which his transmission was attached recorded a top speed of 14,500 rpm before blowing to pieces."
James Adams, it sounds like opportunity knocking.
Mueller
it's got to be due to being a moron.....even with our cars, there should be no excuse to miss a shift like that.....
Jeroen
James are you reading this?
You won't sell many Carrera GT Rennshifters, but man, you can ask what ever you want biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
drew365
even with our cars, there should be no excuse to miss a shift like that.....

I did it. 5 to 2 at the end of a straight, pulverized the clutch luckily instead of the engine. Mueller, why don't you try to sell the factory some custom bushings? beer.gif
Mueller
I did it. 5 to 2 at the end of a straight, pulverized the clutch luckily instead of the engine

okay, let me rephrase that smile.gif :

unless parts are worn too much and under normal driving conditions....

racing or being on the track is different since the chassis is or can be moving around a bit and the concetration to perform a perfect shift is somewhat overshadowed with everything else going on driving.gif

maybe I've been blessed to have good bushings on my 914's or it could be that since I've put less than 2000 miles total behind the wheel of a 914 my "number" to incorrectly downshift has not come up.....
JWest
Hmm, very interesting!

Now I just need to get my hands on one to prototype a shifter for it. Of course I would have to put at least a few thousand miles on it (and some track time) to make sure the shifter works properly... ohmy.gif cool.gif
Jeroen
If you need any help, I'd be more than happy to drive some of those gruelling testing miles for ya biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Aaron Cox
heh, a moron indeed mueba.gif
aufaber
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 17 2003, 07:12 PM)
I did it. 5 to 2 at the end of a straight, pulverized the clutch luckily instead of the engine

okay, let me rephrase that smile.gif :

unless parts are worn too much and under normal driving conditions....

racing or being on the track is different since the chassis is or can be moving around a bit and the concetration to perform a perfect shift is somewhat overshadowed with everything else going on driving.gif

Yeah Mike.. the Carrara Gt was on the track too.

-Aaron G>
Joe Bob
Lemme drive it.....I dasn't screw up on shifting buts I really puts a hurts on the drive line...... blink.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 19 2003, 02:57 AM)
Lemme drive it.....I dasn't screw up on shifting buts I really puts a hurts on the drive line...... blink.gif

Get back in line biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.