Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield base plastic part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MartyYeoman
To all,
I need to replace my windshield soon and want to replace the plastic piece that lays below the glass at dash level. I have looked in PET and didn't find it. Can anybody point me to a source???????????
Bartlett 914
There are 19 (IIRC) plastic clips that hold the trim in place. There is also small rubber (possible plastic) spacers that hold the glass up at the bottom. These are just small spacers.

Mark
MartyYeoman
The part I want runs the entire length of the bottom of the windshield on the inside of the glass.
I have done the wndshield replacement thing before and know about the clips, etc.
The part I want can only be replaced with the windshield out.
swood
Do you mean between the dash and the glass?
ptravnic
That's actually a rubber seal, the originals are often hardened and feel hard like plastic (and crack like plastic too!). It is made of rubber and is a pretty cheap seal. I think it is called the dash to windshield bead or seal or something like that.

Look at the part on the Pelican Parts seal diagram.

-pt
Elliot_Cannon
The only place I found one of these seals was at AA. They had a repro seal for about $35 that had to be glued on. The real seal was a lot more, had a metal groove that could be hammered on. The part number on my invoice from AA is G91455226310. The seal cost $107 plus $13.50 shipping and handling. Don't order the seal till they physically check that the item is on the shelf.

Cheers, Elliot
MartyYeoman
I googled the part number and it turned up at Forieign Intrigue.
The price is better than the $105 quoted locally (Partsheaven)
Is there any thing I should know about them prior to placing an order??
Elliot_Cannon
Be sure you are getting the one that has the metal grip that you tap on with a hammer and not the cheaper one that must be glued on. If you have the correct part number it shouldn't be a problem though.
Elliot
mikey
Be sure you are getting the one that has the metal grip that you tap on with a hammer and not the cheaper one that must be glued on

agree.gif

I got this part locally (HPH in Redwood City).
jk76.914
You might try Stoddard's Imported Cars, in Ohio. Porsche dealer since the '50s. In many cases, they've gotten me new OEM parts that nobody else had, and in a few cases, they also had the best price.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.