Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Wheel Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
evan
I have Fuch rims with I think, Wolfsburg center caps that will not fit over the front wheel bearing grease caps. They fit on the rear fine but when I attach to the rim and try to put rim on car they begin to push off as I tighten the lugs. See pic.
SGB
OMG! I CAN'T SEE IT, I CAN'T SEE IT! WHATS WRONG WITH MY EYES?

oh, I also can't read so what are you talking about?

Uh,really, could you remove some of the material inside the cap that interferes with the grease cover, maybe.
Mueller
QUOTE(evan @ Jul 31 2006, 06:30 PM) *

I have Fuch rims with I think, Wolfsburg center caps that will not fit over the front wheel bearing grease caps. They fit on the rear fine but when I attach to the rim and try to put rim on car they begin to push off as I tighten the lugs. See pic.

sounds like you are trying to put VW/GTi or whatever parts on a rim that were never meant to have those caps on them.... confused24.gif
markb
I'll bet they're 4 bolt rims, right? And you're trying to put the flat type of cap on, right? Sorry, they don't fit. biggrin.gif But you already knew that. You need to use the other type of cap unless you put a spacer on the front wheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.