Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Overhaulin', 914 Style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick L
Click to view attachment
Ok, it's time. Here's my 74 1.8, as it sits. It's orange/red, but appears to have been Saturn Yellow originally. Everything appears stock except the exhaust and header. I think Bursch? You'll get to watch as it gets body work, paint, and interior to start. Then I intend to rape this '73 911 parts car for her suspension, brakes and 2.2L power train! aktion035.gif

Hope you enjoy!
Rick L
Another angle.....

Click to view attachment

Rick L
And the interior....

Click to view attachment

If you see anything you want out of here, let me know. It's all being replaced. edited 8/10 My apologies, too broad a statement. Most of the interior, seats, banker box, backpad, dash pad, door panels and some accessories are being replaced. The carpet is perfect for dying and will stay.

For the classified's I know i'm going to need a few things:

Chrome front bumper and accessories
Everything for a 2.2/6 conversion
New wheels mad.gif hopefully I can find 5lug versions of the these.

Any advice, pointers, tricks, etc is greatly appreciated.
fitsbain
Wish I needed Brown stuff!!

That looks nice.
Rick L
It's in good shape, but i found a car with an immaculate brown interior, so it's coming out.
Bleyseng
5 lug rims are 911 style and none like that style.

Just a 2.2L?? for all that work put in a 3.0L
crash914
Hey, you are close by....if you need to compare, I have a '73 on jack stands right now...installing flairs and some rust repair. Paint will follow. I hope to have it in primer in a couple of weeks.

I would like to go to a fiberglass bumper so mine might be available...swing by sometime and hang out for a few brews....
poohsan
PM sent.
bjorn jacobson
For wheels check out (google) Minilite or American racing. Both offer a 5 lug wheel similar to the ones you have on your car.
Rick L
Thanx for the advice on wheels, I'll check it out.
As far as the 2.2, the price was right. My brother picked up the parts car to salvage the carbs. So all I have to do is rebuild the motor and put new carbs on it. The rest of the parts are no charge. smile.gif

Hey Herb, I'm in Elkridge and work in Clarksville, so I'm real close. I'd love to stop by and hang out. I'll send you a PM
Root_Werks
Cool, I'll be watching this thread. boldblue.gif
Rick L
The pictures abouve were from early April. It initially went to the body shop for some minor body work and priming for paint. It was delivered back to my brother's house in GA while he was out of town in AL. It looked pretty good.

Rick L
here
Rick L
and here
Rick L
We were stoked and ready for paint.......

......then came the hail storm. sad.gif
914rat
beer.gif PM sent
Rick L
These pics just in from the body shop....

Click to view attachment
Rick L
Here's a good sampling of the hail damage....

Click to view attachment
Rick L
Thanx for all the views and PM's! If I have somehow missed a reply to your PM, please hit me again and I'll rectify it! KMA.gif

Got word today that the car is currently dressed in gray....primer that is. It's slated for the paint booth on Monday. thumb3d.gif

I'm still looking for chrome front bumper (and accessories) to finish this gem off. Any love?
Rick L
Spent the day at the body shop today. It's finally out of the paint booth.

Wanna See?!

smoke.gif

We finally got the body man off his dead asset alfred.gif Looks good!
Rick L
Oh, did I mention that it's going back to original color?

Click to view attachment
Rick L
One more and I'll shrink the rest...Click to view attachment
Lou W
Looks great, what color yellow is that?
URY914
Nice work. Good to see another being done right.
Rick L
'preciate it. That's as close as we could get the original "Saturn Yellow". It's actually a lot closer than I expected.

We got the lights and windows back in today. Tomorrow is rear glass, bumpers and Doors.

thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.