Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BAR SWAP and Springs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ffranktly
i have a 22mm Weltmeister Sway Bar and 250# springs, on a 75 2.0, and if anyone would like to swap, i need a 19mm Bar and #140 springs. thanks!... frank smash.gif

and if anyone needs my Bar and Springs when i do the changeover, i can sell you mine and have them sent. beerchug.gif
Mueller
I can do the front bar (let me double check the dia, but I'm pretty darn sure it's the smaller of the 2)....bar only has about 100 miles on it (60 miles of that on the back of a AAA tow truck headbang.gif )
maf914
I don't want to sabotage Mike's offer, but...

Is a 22mm Wetmeister bar too big to run with 140# springs, assuming stock T-bars and equal size tires front and rear? Is there enough adjustment to run it soft enough?
Aaron Cox
set on full soft it should be fine.....

ffranktly
thanks guys, and ill wait to hear from you Mueller! does anyone need the 22mm Weltmeister?
Heeltoe914
Is this a rear bar?
maf914
I assume it's a front sway bar. Weltmeister makes 19mm and 22mm sway bars for the front and a 16mm bar for the rear for 914's.
ffranktly
i haven't had the car up on a hoist and i just bought the car from joseph mills, but going by what joseph says, it is a rear 22m Weltmeister sway bar
ffranktly
OOPs... my bad,, you are right, i read the specs again... it is the front sway bar icon8.gif
Mueller
I just checked, my bar is a 19mm Welt, I won't be able to remove until this weekend.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.