Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master cylinder replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Okay if I'm up to it I am going to replace the master cylinder Sunday when something crossed my mind. If the hoses from the reservoir are leaking what is a suitable replacement? I looked on Pelican and OEM hoses are outrageous. They had another option by the foot though. Is there something I might find at my local FLAPS or import place.
Cap'n Krusty
Use the BLUE brake fluid hose. 7x3mm. VWs use it, so a parts house that serves the VW community may have it. Other types don't hold up very well. The Cap'n
ws91420
Thanks for the info Cap'n. About how many feet or meters will I need to do both.
bondo
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 1 2006, 05:19 PM) *

Thanks for the info Cap'n. About how many feet or meters will I need to do both.

You need about 6 inches of the blue hose the Cap'n speaks of. The majority of the run is a molded plastic hose which rarely leaks. The blue hose goes at the top, by the reservior. There are rubber grommets at the master cylinder that also tend to leak, get new ones of those for sure. Trying to get an old one in place is hell.. a nice and flexible new one pops in really easy.

If it does turn out your molded plastic hoses are leaking, finding good used ones is probably your best bet.
ws91420
So I take it replacement cylinders don't come with those grommets.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 1 2006, 05:38 PM) *

THey're included with the new M/C. The Cap'n
Allan
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 1 2006, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 1 2006, 05:38 PM) *

THey're included with the new M/C. The Cap'n

agree.gif Yep, came with mine........

Hopefully "Dad" installed them correctly... unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.