Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Computer Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
In order to play the videos I recored last week on my Olympus camera I had to download Apple's Quick Time player.

And of course it now is the defult player.

Do I have to delete Quick Time or is there some way with Windows to define the default video player. I can't seem to find anything in the control panel where you'd think this was set.

If anyone knows I'd sure appreciate the help.

Randal
McMark
Have you opened the Windows Media Player program? Those programs usually say something if they 'notice' they aren't the default. Start up WMP and see if it asks, "Do you want to make WMP your default player?" If it doesn't ask, check the preferences in the WMP program.
Dr. Roger
no problemo',

right mouse click the start button and choose explore.

then choose tools/folder options.

then choose file types.

then scroll down to the file type you want to change the player to.

then highlight the file type and note the default player will become color.

choose your preferred player and then "apply"/"OK".

Peace,
Roger
rktmn247
If you install Quicktime it also installs I-tunes (which I did not want). If you don't want I-tunes do a google search for quicktime and the third or fourth result will be a quicktime alternative that will play .mov files right in Windows media player. Did this yesterday so I could watch the hill climb vids.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.