Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Presenting my '72 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
So I wrote up this whole post and 5 secs before hitting send my computer hard rebooted.. so here we go again:

It's been a long struggle since buying this car in May of 2005. The previous owner was less than honest with me which led me into a loop of issues with the car. After months of toying with carbs, followed by months of building/troubleshooting Megasquirt standalone engine management and other issues I can proudly say that I am the owner of a fully functional Megasquirted 1972 Porsche 914 2.0L!

What a journey it has been. I've been waiting months to create this post, but there was always something wrong with the car. Finally after finishing the front brakes/wheel bearings last weekend and giving it a good wash/polish... it's DONE!

There are still a few odds and ends to clean up, but then again there always are. MS still needs some tuning and for now i'm running fuel only. I'll move over to spark in a few weeks.

So without further delay.. here are PICS taken today and with PICS of the Megasquirt build..

Sunday I hope to autox the "new" car for the first time with MetroNY PCA at Nassau Coloseum. I can't waiT!

clap56.gif clap56.gif
IPB Image
turboman808
the car looks awesome.
ptravnic
Congrats Yarin. You are now the local Megasquirt expert.

Car looks awesome. Looking fwd to meeting you in person.

-pt
Boojum
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Aug 1 2006, 08:21 PM) *

the car looks awesome.

Ooh, shiny! agree.gif
Joe Owensby
Looks great. Awesome job. Good luck with it. I am thinking of adding megasquirt sometime later. Joe O.
Allan
Car looks really nice.

If you ever want to compare horror stories, lemme know.
brant
Nice Job Yarin...
great looking car!

brant
yarin
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Aug 1 2006, 10:48 PM) *

Congrats Yarin. You are now the local Megasquirt expert.

Car looks awesome. Looking fwd to meeting you in person.

-pt

Definitely!

I'll be at the metro autox on sunday.

Hopefully i'm finished with the horror stories. I cleaned up most of the junk the previous mechanic left.

This car hasn't been registered on the street in over 15 years. Still gotta work on the headlights so i can drive at night. It was used strictcly for DEs, club races, hill climbs, etc.

Time for me to put it through its paces.. FINALLY.
Leo Imperial
Nice work Yarin smilie_pokal.gif

See you soon
WRX914
Beautiful, simply beautiful...

boldblue.gif
Joe Ricard
Yarin this is what your car will look like in 2 years mueba.gif
ffranktly
Great Work Yarin!.. good looking 914!!
Dr Evil
Good job man! I have a current thread about the spark system with tables posted by DNHunt that should work well for your car.
yarin
Dr. Evil - i have dave's tables. i'll be sure to try them out once i get a baseline convservative table running.

Joe - i wish! I've been autocrossing for 4-5 years now, i finally wanted my own car to drive so i bought this one. i would buy a car like that before building it. that's why i bought this car, because i didnt want to build it and blow $$ on suspension, wheels, tires, cage, etc..

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

See ya Sunday Leo?
turboman808
I think I am gonna show up on Sunday. Haven't been to Nassau Col in years. SCCA events there really sucked ass. Completely unorganized. In some cases they didn't get started til 12 noon.

The PCA guys seemed pretty good though. Plus it's like a 15 miute drive for me
yarin
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Aug 2 2006, 01:56 PM) *

I think I am gonna show up on Sunday. Haven't been to Nassau Col in years. SCCA events there really sucked ass. Completely unorganized. In some cases they didn't get started til 12 noon.

The PCA guys seemed pretty good though. Plus it's like a 15 miute drive for me

The Nassau lot i've run on in the past is getting a bit torn up. However MetroNY PCA ran a course a few years ago that was awesome! 90 secs! with a double skid pad in the middle. They also designed a course that was identical to limerock once. itw as pretty neat.

Hope to see ya there!

This lot is great for picture taking because you can get fairly close to the action while still standing on a curb.
Joe Ricard
Joe - i wish! I've been autocrossing for 4-5 years now, i finally wanted my own car to drive so i bought this one. i would buy a car like that before building it. that's why i bought this car, because i didnt want to build it and blow $$ on suspension, wheels, tires, cage, etc..

Yea well my car did look exactly like yours 2 years ago. except for the roll cage.
Pretty much what I did bought a vintage racer, drove it home across country and then pretty much started modding it after my 1st Autocross. Fiberglass and 2.0L engine, Kumhos on Fuchs, DOT Hooisers on Diamond wheels, and now Hoosier slicks on Centerlines, somewhere in there came the fenders. Header, Sparco seats, Roll bar is coming.
Yellow is faster but put white dots on it and Look out burnout.gif
drewvw

looking good man...nice to have a megasquirt guy in the NE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.