Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7L documentation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
I need to replace the oil temp and oil pressure sending units and I am finding myself handicapped (for many reasons) because I have no documentation on the 2.7 engine. Can someone point me to where I can get a manual or point me to where the sending units are on the 2.7? Is the layout simular to the 2.0L /6?

Thanks,
Mike
Dr Evil
Here is a chart that I found a while ago.
lapuwali
The oil pressure sender is on the front part of the engine (as it sits in a 914), on the driver's side, plumbed into the cam oil line that runs up and over the timing chain housing. The oil pressure switch is on the top of the engine, next to the breather cover, aft, near the centerline of the case. There are two oil temperature senders, one for the gauge, the other for the FI. The gauge sender is just below the oil pressure sender, forward. The other sender is on the passenger's side timing chain cover.

Get a copy of Wayne Dempsey's (one of the Pelican guys) 911 Engine Rebuilding book. It covers the early 911 engines very well, and all of the examples show a 2.7.
mikelsr
You guys are fanstatic! Thanks a lot!

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.