Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vehicle inspection reports
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
There was an ad in the local sunday paper for a 1970 914 for sale. I went to look at it yesterday with hopes that it might be a good prospect for Lucky. The owner said he just spent 6K to have the engine and tranny rebuilt. He already knows he got ripped off. He was firm on his $4000 asking price. The Good: The hell hole looked very clean. There was not much rust in the trunks and other usual places. The longs seemed OK. New tires. The Bad: Everything else. The faded white paint is several layers thick. The original color was orange. So so repair of front end damage, fender is even worse. Starting problems, solex carbs, engine runs poorly, tail shift tranny could not possibly have been rebuilt. Plastic battery tray. Many lenses, mirrors and trim pieces were cracked or broken. Dunno about brakes or clutch, I didn't get to drive it. Interior is shot.

It's to bad. I think is is a decent tub and well worth saving. The car is complete and mostly original. The problem is that very few of the parts and pieces are reusable for a restoration. I am sure the poor guy is 8 - 10 grand into the car. It was a project he started a year ago. Now he has lost sight of his dream and is not yet ready to eat all the money he has put into it. He said he is going to park it. I told him he would be lucky to get $2K for it.
VegasRacer
I went on another PPI today, at the request of a fellow Club member. This time it was a Non NARP for his wife. Almost everything on this nice 2005 Armada checked out. The only discrepence I found was the color. It was advertised as being blue. The one on their lot with the correct invoice and vin was metalic green. A PM has been sent with the other details.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
The bonus NARP is this photo sent to me yesterday by a friend in England. He snapped this photo of a very nice 914 he saw parked near his work the previous day. He knew enough to tell me that this was a '72 and imported from the US. Does anybody know this car or the owner?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.