Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: supercharger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ziggy101
how would you attach a belt to the Super charger from the motor fan or something.....any ideas? i just got one off a different carr. the car had 4 cylinders, so it should work ok if i can get it...

thanks
TravisNeff
QUOTE(ziggy101 @ Aug 2 2006, 06:53 AM) *

how would you attach a belt to the Super charger from the motor fan or something.....any ideas? i just got one off a different carr. the car had 4 cylinders, so it should work ok if i can get it...

thanks

You could use a pulley for A/C behind the cooling fan. You cannot run a very wide belt though. There was an article in European Car way back that had a 2.0 with a roots type supercharger.
jd74914
I have these pics, it seems to be run off an accessory belt, I just have never seen one like it. It must be for AC like Travis said?
jk76.914
Here's AC on a 912E that is driven from the back (back as in 912E back) of the fan somehow. Sorry the pic doesn't show exactly how it's driven, but it clearly isn't the "standard" way 914 compressor is driven. In fact, I don't see any drive pulley! WTF.gif

I also doubt the AIR pump drive could stand up to the load of a supercharger. (Or an AC compressor for that matter.)

This post isn't very helpful, but at least there's a picture of the AIR drive behind the fan....

Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
Form the pic you can see that there is a shaft coming off the fan and running thru a bearing/ carrier that is bolted to the fan shroud , pulley would be on the end.

Doing it that way you could run a different pulley and a wider drive belt.
bigkensteele
Has anyone ever posted that old article from European Car? I think that it may have still been VW&Porsche back then. I remember reading the article, but I can't find it in the stack of old mags that I have or by searching the forums here. I don't think that the guys who did that car are still around, but I would like to see how they did it.
Dr. Roger
looks to me like you could swap that AIR pump out for a paxton blower. ??? custom pulley perhaps?
jk76.914
The AIR pulley arrangement is very light weight. Those three bolts that attach the bracket to the fan shroud are only 6mm, for example.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.