Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top / Window Seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aldehyde
Just got a nice '71, but the windows don't seal to the top. The seals are about 1/4" in from the windows.

I just wanted to assure that the seals are the proper shape and are installed correctly. Please take a look at the attached photo. To the left would be the outside of the car. Are these seals installed correctly?

I've searched and know that I can adjust the seal rails, but will need to pull this seal out 1st (glued in I think).

Thanks.

Click to view attachment
Mike D.
Looks like an after market seal, so it may not be exacly the correct shape. However, you can adjust the door glass from inside the door. you will need to remove the door panel to get access to the guides. There is an adjustment screw on the bottom you can push/screw it out and the top of the glass will come in towards the seal.

Have Fun!
markb
The windows are adjustable in many directions, including straight up. Roll the window down at least half way. At the underside of the door, at the front, you'll see a screw sticking down and slightly to the rear. Loosen the nut that locks it into place, adjust the screw (I don't remember which way is which), and tighten the nut. Roll the window back up. Check the adjustment, and repeat until you reach the correct height. The side to side adjustments are made with another screw/nut combination farther rearward on the bottom of the door. This will adjust forward/back, and in/out. Always make your adjustments with the window down some.
Dr Evil
welcome.png

Yup, use the adjuster on the bottom of the door to adjust it in and out at the top.
Aldehyde
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll give that a try first though it seems like they align with the windshield / roll bar seals even at the top.
I just wanted to make sure it was the right seal and that little lip was to face the window.

I'll mess around with it more and let you know if there are problems.
markb
Also, be aware that there are differences in early and late seals. An early window won't work well with a late seal.
Dr Evil
Mark,
That is somthing I didnt know. Could you explain how they differ please?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.