Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Hello from Prince Edward Island
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
We only started this bus 2 days before we left for Prince Edward Island. It's been off the road almost 15 years huh.gif

Trial by fire...we've only lost a rim to loose bolts (I had 2 spares) and the tie rods fell apart (thank you fed-ex for the overnight parts) nothing real serious.

Slow trip with stock reduction boxes but were having fun on vacation.

Forgot my USB cable for my digi-cam so no pics sorry

We're with our best friends and they are getting married here on friday clap56.gif

Lots of fun with the kids and good friends beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
The cables are cheap and there's a Radio Shack in every town....no pics not truth to the rumor yer traveling.....

Good luck out there....
Flat VW
At least Mark has a skilled mechanic along for the ride if trouble arises.

John

P.S. Bold move, Mark. smiley_notworthy.gif
Mark Henry
Yep...wouldn't try it if I didn't know how to fix things on the fly...My old Berg 2007cc is a solid mill and I had to order new tie rods, handle for the cargo door, valve cover gaskets and I almost had one DCNF carb fall apart.

Also the compufire in my 009 is crapping out so I stuck in the Mallory I brought with me....It rocks and is staying on the engine.
pete-stevers
Hellloooooo!!!! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
pete-stevers
i love bussess!!!!!!!!!! want to have one too one day
Mark Henry
You can see my bus in my blog

I'll try to get a cable but as of Sunday I will have no computer to use.
ajracer
Greetings to the Henry Family !

PEI is a great place and I likewise enjoyed my trip last month to teh Island
and homeland. trust you are having a relaxing time ? and the kids should be
having lots of fun (except for the mobile maintenance on the bus !)

Good to hear you arrived safely and even keeping in touch. Come on and
get some PICTURES posted of this little known Paradise and make the doubters
weep and jealous, because PEI is a little of Heaven on Earth ! Over and out.

Allan
davep
Ian Stott Moncton NB
Grant Lingley Halifax NS
Brian Tanner Lunenburg NS
Warren Stone Lucasville NS

Guys out thataway. Need contact info?
MecGen
Ssshhhhh

Canada's best kept secret = PEI

Good luck

beerchug.gif
IanStott
I have a sister in North Rustico, actually she is the MLA, so I am over often! Where are you and when are ya dropping in on me?? Looking forward to seeing you all!

Ian Stott
Moncton
URY914
I had a '67 bus. A blast to drive around town. But I would NEVER think of going out-of-town in it. laugh.gif

Good for you. have fun.

Paul
blitZ
I had a bus years ago and had a blast with it. We recently vacationed in Oregon and they were all over the place. Makes me want another.

I can picture my wife shooting me now. sad.gif
Mark Henry
We're at Brackley beach staying at my wife's aunts house.
We're leaving here Sunday for Halifax for a day then back to NB to do the Bay of Fundy.

Ian we'll try to hook up between Wednesday and Sunday of this coming week. I'll call when we get near you.
swl
Have fun with the tour Mark. I really enjoyed Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy. Fundy trail is also well worth the side trip - just make sure the bus can handle the hills!
IanStott
Looking forward to seeing you! I have beer!

Ian
QUOTE(swl @ Aug 4 2006, 04:06 AM) *

Have fun with the tour Mark. I really enjoyed Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy. Fundy trail is also well worth the side trip - just make sure the bus can handle the hills!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.