Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moved to petaluma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mightyohm
Hey guys,

I am now officially a member of the North Bay 914 contingent as I changed residence to Petaluma yesterday. I am living in a restored farmhouse on 4 acres on the west side of town. I have tons of room for all my tools!!

If anyone has any recommendations for stuff to see and do in Petaluma I have the next couple days off and I will be exploring the town. I start work on Monday in Santa Rosa so I will get to see a lot of that town as well. So far my impression is that this is a pretty nice place to live!!

Mark, maybe I can stop by your shop in Napa sometime this week if I get a chance?

Jeff
TonyAKAVW
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

McMark
I was in Santa Rosa yesterday. You could have come to dinner with Randy and I. Are you going to come to the Santa Rosa AX this Sat? All the cool kids are going. Please call me when you are moving so I can help. I'll be around all week, just give me a call and we'll meet up.

WELCOME!!
ppickerell
Now you can bang Whinowna Rider!
mightyohm
Too late Mark, I already moved! I don't have much stuff so don't worry. Mostly car parts, no furniture. biggrin.gif

My Dad came out and helped me move yesterday. We did very well with the three of us (Kylie helped a lot too) but it was an adventure. Ever tried pulling a 14' truck with a loaded trailer around the city streets of SF??

I'll think about the autocross... it is right next door after all. Closest I have ever been to an AX site.

Today I drove out to Bodega Bay in the 914, up almost to Jenner, then over on 116 through Sebastopol. There sure are some beautiful roads up here!

Thanks for the offer anyway, I appreciate it!
Jeff

QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 2 2006, 12:28 PM) *

I was in Santa Rosa yesterday. You could have come to dinner with Randy and I. Are you going to come to the Santa Rosa AX this Sat? All the cool kids are going. Please call me when you are moving so I can help. I'll be around all week, just give me a call and we'll meet up.

WELCOME!!

mightyohm
Here is my backyard...
Trekkor
How'd ya like the little quake?

And yes, come to the a/x... poke.gif

KT
nocones
Howdy neighbor, welcome to the 'hood!

Dr. Roger
world wrist wrestling championships are held there.

1, 116 and river road are awesome drives. we stayed up there 2 weekends ago and just loved the tree covered winding ways.

hope to meet you soon. =-)
RoadGlue
West Petaluma is the perfect gateway to all the west Sonoma County and Marin back roads. What road(s) are you on/near? We've had quite a few teener tours over there.

If you see a '74 914 with black bumpers belching smoke on decel, then that's probably me. I live in SR, but am frequently in Sebastopol too.

Hope to meet you on Saturday at the auto-x, otherwise we'll need to take Mark up on his offer and do dinner/beer soon. I could certainly be coaxed into heading down to Petaluma too.

Cheers,
Dr Evil
Man, I am jealous. I may move out that way when I go into practice. 4 acres, damn! Dont forget to go look at the cows wink.gif Cotati is a nice little town close by to check out. Lots of great roads.
GTeener
Whatcha doing working in Santa Rosa?

4 acres...[sigh] Do you own it too?
fitsbain
hijacked.gif

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 3 2006, 07:48 AM) *

Man, I am jealous. I may move out that way when I go into practice. 4 acres, damn! Dont forget to go look at the cows wink.gif Cotati is a nice little town close by to check out. Lots of great roads.

NO!!!

We willn't let you leave!!!

<----- looks for his valve stem removal tool

biggrin.gif
drewvw

the guy who sits next to me grew up in petaluma....he is raving about the roads around there right now.
fiid
BBQ and Fun Run? poke.gif

biggrin.gif Looks awesome - Susan and I stayed in Bodega Bay a couple of weeks ago for a little kidless retreat.... It was our farewell trip for the Miata - I wished we had taken the 914 biggrin.gif

mightyohm
Gwen, I am just renting. I found the coolest rental property in Petaluma. (isn't Craigslist great?) I am going to be working at Skyworks Solutions in Santa Rosa, doing wireless IC design. From what I understand I will be building cell phone parts. The site is VERY small, basically a garage operation. It should be an adventure. :-)

Randy, I am right off of Petaluma Blvd North near the Cinnabar Theater.

I will try to convince Kylie that an autocross is the cool thing to do this weekend. biggrin.gif

nebreitling

I will try to convince Kylie that an autocross is the cool thing to do this weekend. biggrin.gif

hope you have better luck than i did! congrats on the new place/new job. nice location!
McMark
Nathan, did you tell Zoya that I would be there? av-943.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Aug 3 2006, 11:02 AM) *

Gwen, I am just renting. I found the coolest rental property in Petaluma. (isn't Craigslist great?) I am going to be working at Skyworks Solutions in Santa Rosa, doing wireless IC design. From what I understand I will be building cell phone parts. The site is VERY small, basically a garage operation. It should be an adventure. :-)

Nice. Best of luck with everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.