A slow start
IPB Image

Pieces coming off the puzzle
IPB Image

Might that be clean metal I see?
IPB Image
krazykonrad
Is that what's under all that stuff?!! biggrin.gif
Take your time re-installing the injectors. With the holders its very easy to get them a little off and cause a leek. I'm still woking on one of mine.
Look forward to seeing more pics! popcorn[1].gif
Konrad 72/4
HeloMech
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Aug 2 2006, 07:43 PM) *

Is that what's under all that stuff?!! biggrin.gif
Take your time re-installing the injectors. With the holders its very easy to get them a little off and cause a leek. I'm still woking on one of mine.
Look forward to seeing more pics! popcorn[1].gif
Konrad 72/4

av-943.gif injectors....

I stopped after work last night and bought dual 40 carbs for it. My mps was shot and who knows what else. Besides... dem carbs look KEWL! lol
Bleyseng
Pull the top tin off and clean under there so the cylinders are clean of all the grime.

40 Dells? enjoy the mpg.
Air_Cooled_Nut
36 Dells would've been better but they're also not as easy to find. FI is better but you can't beat the sound of carb induction!
HeloMech
Well, it's been slow going. But I made it THIS far today. Had to work over the weekend so I didn't get to pick up more parts until this morning. Later this week I'll have to install the new fuel pump and the linkage. Hopefully this weekend I can order the Mallory dizzy. Then I get it all running... play with it for about a month. Then order new pistons, rings, cylinders... drop the engine.. clean and por15 everything that needs it. Then start stripping the paint and bondo... weeee then it will be a REAL 914.

I put a decal with the club url on the back... you know, so everyone in my garage can see it. confused24.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.