Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 ads and brochures, the 914 "S"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
link

link2

Saw these and didn't know if anyone was intersted in thsi stuff.....

I've only seen this ad once and thought it was a VW of America thing....
Trekkor
Hey! While your car is in Napa, can I drive it around? Thanks naughty.gif

KT
Joe Bob
It's not registered yet....
Trekkor
So, I should stop? Jumpy.gif

KT
Joe Bob
Abusing yerself? Only until you need glasses.....
914Sixer
Yep, the 914S only existed for a slip of the pen. Porsche said no,no. The 914S quickly became the 914 2.0 overnight.
Trekkor
That's it!! We're a/x'ing it on Saturday. stick.gif

KT
72914S
My Clymer book refers to a 914 S.I also have a hard cover manual that is titled THE 914 S. thats why the back of my car says 914 S.(okay I put the S on it).I believe it was only the `73 model,my `72 has all `73 drive train.
Joe Bob
link

This guy claims he has an original 914 "S" and an original badge.....personally I think it's bullshit.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Looks like he took lessons from Andy on picture taking....
72914S
thought I had the only one(I took the S off a wrecked engine lid))I never thought they badged any of them.
cassidy_bolger
[quote name='ZZZZZ' date='Aug 2 2006, 08:26 PM' post='744263']
link

This guy claims he has an original 914 "S" and an original badge.....personally I think it's bullshit.

agree.gif

The purchase order on my car from the dealer in the form of a letter dated July 7, 1972 refers to the car as a 914S. The car was built in Sept '72 and has the vinyl 'A' pillars like the photo in the Candian add, so you know it was early.

And it says 2.0 just like the rest, so I don't think any came with the 'S' on the back unless a grouchy dealer put it on to spite Porsche.
Gustl
the 914 "S" was just an optional equipped 914, similar to the "appearance group" or the "performance group"
but there was no "S" badge

wavey.gif Gustl
aircooledboy
I had a black '73 in the late 80's and the title said 914S. In Illinois, the "model" info on a title comes from dealership if the car was originally titled in Illinois, or the last title if the car came from out of state. So, if it came from out of state, anybody could have made it an "S", but MAN I thought it was cool back then. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.