Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might have made a 914 Convert yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I did... yesterday after meeting an old high school buddy for a game of golf. He was always into cars. Mostly for drag. I took him on some twisties & noticed his white knuckles holdin on & a smile ta boot smile.gif
Then I pulled over & said "ya wanna drive?"
It didn't take long before he got the feel of the car & actually got into drift'n a few corners. All he could say when it was all over was "corner'n 'lil bitch ain't she?" driving.gif Now he's thinkin' about the V8 conversions. He wants to put his 340 horse 327 in one.
bruce
boxstr
Bruce Good morning, Way to go, hope your friend didn't scare you to much when he was doing the twisty bits.
Hey if he is seroius about a car to convert let me know, I saw a nice one in Ventura ready to go.
CCLINCONVERSIONVILLE
Bruce Allert
I sent him some links to conversion sites this morning. I think he will begin to study the aspects of 914 conversions for awhile until it excites him to the point of NEEDING one. That's how he usually runs his life. I planted the seed, now I just need to keep adding fertilizer & water thoroughly wink.gif I don't think it will happen this year though. Thanks Craig......
bruce
rhodyguy
only if you have parts to sell and want to work on someone else's car laugh.gif i allways thought the high reving early z28 engine would be a cool conv.

kevin
ss6
Way to go, Bruce. Don't get too carried away, though, don't want too much competition out there when we're shopping for newacquisitions cool.gif !
ejm
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Oct 18 2003, 07:48 AM)
Then I pulled over & said "ya wanna drive?"

I did that once. Now every time I see the guy he says "Sell me your car". rolleyes.gif

John - nice avatar...bottom of the downhill?
Joe Bob
To answer your first question.....I always hand over the keys and say....you break, you fix, you pay.....

AS to a V8 conversion....Malmzx has a good one....
seanery
I believe Thom (dakotaewing) is building a teener based around a "real" Z28 V8.
DuckRyder
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 18 2003, 09:32 PM)
To answer your first question.....I always hand over the keys and say....you break, you fix, you pay.....

AS to a V8 conversion....Malmzx has a good one....

My rule is "Wreck it you better total it."

Don't let ANYONE ride my bike though.
ChrisReale
I would pay money to see a 914 with a Z06 engine pull up to a Corvette and rev its engine. The look on the Corvette drivers face would be worth it weight in gold
Bruce Allert
Chris, you could title that as "PRICELESS" laugh.gif
bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.