Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT drove a Lotus Elise today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
I had the pleasure and privelege of driving a buddy's elise today. (he sold me my 914 and bought the lotus to replace it). anyway it was really similar to the 914 but with more power. it drove like a dream. piratenanner.gif Less room in the cabin and WAY less room for luggage. The purest (way more so than the Boxster) reincarnation of the 914 I've seen.
Konrad 72/4
ottox914
I've been driving one of and on all summer at our auto cross events while my 914 is dry-docked. Have also been driving several Boxster S's. My wife seems to think having such cool cars to mooch rides in has slowed my progress in my car... One of the perks of being an instructor for the club I guess. I found this interesting. At our spring novice school, I had 2 laps each, back to back, in an elise and a boxster s. My second lap in each car was exactally the same time, down to the 100th. They drove very differently for 2 similar cars. The elise was definately the sharp blade, raw and elemental, but precise. The boxster impressed with massive torque and brakes in compairson. Loved them both. The elise was more of a 914, lighter on its feet, but smaller inside, and no storage to speak of. The boxster was heavier, more of a real "car" your wife might approve of.

My own $$$, which would be in my garage? Both? Not enough garage space or budget space, but for the same 35-40K, I'd go with.... the boxster S. Plenty fast in an auto cross, yet very comfortable for the ride over and back, and Mrs Me would approve. The "S" for me was a better dual purpose car, the purposes being auto cross and meet the approval of the minister of finance. I'd keep the 914 for those more "elemental" outings... its paid for after all.
MJHanna
I’m looking very hard at getting one, now that you pointed out its like a 914 I guess that’s another reason I like it. My main reason is I’m thinking about giving up riding the motorbike and the ONLY thing I could think of that gives you the same feelings as riding a bike is the Elise, not a Cayman, not a Boxster S. Its rude and crude, but damn it feels good when you drive it, just like a bike. Its rawness is part of the attraction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.