Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strut conversion questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
okay. im planning/buying parts for 5 lug conversion. i have been offered some strut assemlbies, with koni's and (m?) calipers

I have been told by Paragon Products and brad that my /4 koni inserts will fit early 911 boge struts.
will my 914/4 koni inserts fit these koni struts?

what calipers are these?
J P Stein
Near as I can see, the calipers are the S type...this is gud laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
thats what i was thinking...
now will my koni inserts fit these koni'struts
Eddie Williams
Those are the alloy S calipers on Koni struts. They are different than "M" struts in that they have 3.5" spaced caliper mounts as apposed to 3" on the 914/4 or "M" strut. The inserts for the 914/4, 911 "M" Boge or Bilstein struts will not fit the Knoi struts or vice versa.

I am looking for a set of struts with 3.5" spacing. Bilstein preferred.
boxstr
Call Jason(DR Koni) at Paragon and ask his opinion as to whether they will or will not fit.
CCLINSHOXVILLE
scotty
Check the struts to make sure they're straight -- even gap around the wheel stub/strut.

....the used set I bought was bent sad.gif I drove it for a little while, but I couldn't get the front aligned at all (too - on one side, too + on the other). I broke down and bought new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.