Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:PC (Porsche content) Two Spyder kit cars at Type 3 Invasion.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
My on-line photo album with the pictures of the two cars:
http://www.icbm.org/cmgallery/displayimage...m=61&pos=21
Clicking on the image displayed will bring up a larger sized image.

Very nice cars and the owner of the black one was very nice and informative. She even has race experience. Well done car and the engine was SHA-WEET! The owner of the silver one was rather quiet and didn't show the engine but when I looked under the pan I saw an air-cooled VW oil sump. It was a drop-dead silver beauty!

IPB Image
turboman808
Beautiful cars. Don't think I would get one with more then 100hp though.
Air_Cooled_Nut
...and the reason would be...???

The black one was well executed. They noticed flex around the firewall area, thus the strengthening bars from the top of the shock towers to the firewall. The tranny looked like my 914 unit (but I'm no expert so I could be off).
Mueller
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Aug 3 2006, 11:38 AM) *

...and the reason would be...???

let's see, even with 100HP, in the wrong hands the car can be lethal driving.gif

it makes no sense to have 300hp if you can never use it...and I've been in Spyder kit with a 300hp 3.6 /6 motor.....scary fast is an understatement..
Air_Cooled_Nut
Having seen a Mitsu Lancer take out a cone worker at an autocross, I understand that. Driver beware, hello.
Joe Bob
High horsepower combined with the antiquated design of the suspension and lightweight chassis can be a killer......at least it has some decent sized rubber on the wheels....

The design anticpated 100ish HP and putting 200 in there with a six is not the smartest thing to do. That car is a momentum ride with a high buzzy motor. It DOES look nice, be fun to drive but not what "I" would do.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Since when did y'all become afraid of a little horseypower biggrin.gif poke.gif
tdgray
Very nice cars...

donna like the fuchs on 'em though.

Should be something more like Z had on Bad Tub (IIRC it was bad tub).

Sammy
you can't turbo a spyder wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.