Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Brake Caliper Rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Borderline
I bought the rebuild kit but it didn't come with the little o-rings that go between the caliper halves. Some of the local people say I'm SOL. Please say it ain't so. I know that people don't usually split the calipers, but there were signs that someone had been in there previously. When I got them apart, one of the o-rings was actually missing! DAPO!

Do you think I could use a similar round cross-section o-ring?

Thanks,
Bill
Allan
The o-rings are only square because they have been crushed between the caliper halves for 30+ years. The rebuild kits I bought from Pelican had them.

Contact Eric Shea. He may have them in stock...

I stand corrected. Apparently they originally came from Porsche square. The only ones I have ever seen were round...
Borderline
These rebuild kits just came from Pelican last week. The guy at the local brake shop said that they were square and NLA.
John
You will find what you need if you were to use the search function. You can buy new Porsche ones (actually from an early 911) or you can ask Eric Shea for some (his are round). Pelican Parts sells them as well.

Just to be nice,

901-351-928-10 should work
John
The originals are square in cross section.
davep
Say what?? The brand new VW and brand new Porsche parts that I purchased were all square style. The originals were never O-rings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.