Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klub Sport Porsche Challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
Cars
Eric_Shea
more cars...

The 356 is my friend Les Long's car. He's finishing my 911 right now.
Eric_Shea
more cars...
Eric_Shea
more cars...
Eric_Shea
more cars...
Eric_Shea
more cars...
BKLA
Great Pic's Eric! biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
IPB Image

I've always liked a 914 with a chopped screen....be cool if you could get away with it on the street....
Aaron Cox
nice
rick 918-S
Are any of the other teeners members of the non club? There's some cool stuff there! clap56.gif
Eric_Shea
I've always liked a 914 with a chopped screen....be cool if you could get away with it on the street....

Those two kicked everyone's royal ass.

More cars...
Eric_Shea
Here's a few of the only other car I would consider if I wasn't a Porsche-Geek...
Eric_Shea
Blisteringly fast... took second behind the chopped screen ride. Doors were literally skins. Check out the hood. One piece with the headlights molded in.
Eric_Shea
Last pic is the purple people eater... don't know about those funky lights in the bumper confused24.gif

I do know he kicked everones ass by a long mile. The sound of that 2.5 made me cryyyyyyyy happy11.gif
Eric_Shea
Graphics are cool...

Last shot was taken out of a gaggle of RSR's. These guys had their own IROC team. (sorry gang, I love RSR's)
Eric_Shea
This is it for pics... I'll see if I can post a video. The red SWB 911S in front of the 914 was driven to a first in class by "Laurie Baker". She put a whoopn' on the boys and Laura loved that (yes, I took my 6 year old to the track. Gotta start'm right)
MoveQik
Great pics! I think that first 914 you posted is from Patick Motor Sports here in Phoenix.
seanery
I dig this one...it was one of my favorite views of my 356

IPB Image
Joe Bob
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Aug 3 2006, 09:41 PM) *

Great pics! I think that first 914 you posted is from Patick Motor Sports here in Phoenix.

Did anything break on it?
Eric_Shea
No but he was a little slower than the rest. And yes, that was Jim Patrick.

Video crashed me. Any ideas?
seanery
email it to me...oh wait how big is it?
seanery
the video, how big is the video file?
Eric_Shea
17.6M
seanery
got an ftp program?
Eric_Shea
running xp I think I can get in using IE
seanery
Eric,
the folder I told you about is in the MoronThrottle folder.
Eric_Shea
I created a new one... HSR Video. You should have it.

The video shows how far out in front of the pack those two teeners were. Listen to the symphony!

They're followed by a couple nice 911's and then Jim Patrick.

Les Long ends the video with his 356 coming into the turn. It was taken on my Canon Powershot without a tripod so bear with me. (still better than your average Andy shit biggrin.gif )
seanery
Video will be available HERE in about a minute. (This is not a streaming file, so be patient...it takes about 60 seconds to load)
jasons

And the orange one is from Becks here in town.

Does that blue one have French taillight lenses?
nein14
They are French Lenses
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 3 2006, 09:51 PM) *

No but he was a bit slower than the rest ;-) And yes, that was Jim Patrick.

Mentally or mechanically?
john rogers
How many engines did Les use up in his 356 that weekend? The last time I saw him was at the CA Speedway and he used up a couple if I remember correctly? Spinning those suckers to 9K make them into grenades! He and his crew can do an engine change in less than an hour! I am surprised Frank Beck did not win as his cars generally run pretty hard? The Martini car is from Don Clark's shop near San Diego and I think it has a 2.5L, while the yellow 356 has a mega bucks engine that squeezes out close to 200HP!
URY914
On that #59 car it shows hoses thru the firewall. Where do they start? I don't see where there is a grill in the front of the car.
MoveQik
QUOTE(ZZZZZ @ Aug 3 2006, 09:49 PM) *

dead horse.gif dead horse.gif Ok, ok Mike....we get it. You don't like Patrick Motorsports. Geeesh!
john rogers
On Beck's car, if I remember correctly the air comes from underneath the front end. Someone either here or on Pelican posted a picture with the front and rear lids off and I was looking at it closely last year for any new ideas. Similar to the Wayne Baker #22 914 air feed.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Aug 4 2006, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(ZZZZZ @ Aug 3 2006, 09:49 PM) *

dead horse.gif dead horse.gif Ok, ok Mike....we get it. You don't like Patrick Motorsports. Geeesh!

Ahhh, did I offend you? I'm sorry.... KMA.gif

BTW, my new ride has a PMS clutch and flywheel package.....wonder if karma will get me..... blink.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(ZZZZZ @ Aug 4 2006, 09:02 AM) *

Ahhh, did I offend you? I'm sorry.... KMA.gif

BTW, my new ride has a PMS clutch and flywheel package.....wonder if karma will get me..... blink.gif

No offense taken here. He ain't my brother or anything like that...its just yawn.gif

And no, karma is not on your side with this one. blowup.gif biggrin.gif
URY914
QUOTE(john rogers @ Aug 4 2006, 07:58 AM) *

On Beck's car, if I remember correctly the air comes from underneath the front end. Someone either here or on Pelican posted a picture with the front and rear lids off and I was looking at it closely last year for any new ideas. Similar to the Wayne Baker #22 914 air feed.

I won't think there would be much air under the car. But they are all running GT valances so it must be in the rules and they really don't keep air out from under there. With my deep spoiler I don't have much air under it.
Eric_Shea
Les's engine held up for the day with 2 practice runs and the race. He has most everything cryo'd on the engines now. He took first in class.

I didn't see where those hoses originated from on Beck's car. I did notice the forced induction thingy... very cool. He damn near did win. He was ahead of Lewis' by a car link (both basically from the same group) for most of the race. 2 laps to go and Lewis took it and held it. Both Beck and Lewis Jr. were absolutely screaming and running away from the pack. This was to be a 2.0 and under race but they had so many 2.5's show up that they simply started them about 1 minute back. There was something "very" different about the engines in both of those cars... as an observer, that's all I can tell ya. They both sounded the same and they both dominated. It was a untamed scream coming out of the exhaust. The video doesn't do them justice.
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 4 2006, 10:32 AM) *

This was to be a 2.0 and under race but they had so many 2.5's show up that they simply started them about 1 minute back. There was something "very" different about the engines in both of those cars... as an observer, that's all I can tell ya. They both sounded the same and they both dominated. It was a untamed scream coming out of the exhaust. The video doesn't do them justice.

Eric,
I "think" I know the answer but could be wrong..
both of those top 2 fast teeners were 2.5L, right?

interestingly enough regarding engines.
I spoke with Henry Schmidt on the phone monday.
he "sharred" some information about 2.0 motors and a little trick they are using.
He has an interesting product which allows some interesting combustion chamber combinations. He said that 2 of his customers using this new idea were: Beck and Baker.

Its a little out of my price range, but I'm proceeding with some of these upgrades as a 2 year project.

brant
BKLA
Nothing, but NOTHING sounds like a hot rodded, air cooled six!!!

Nice symphony! But a little short - WANT MORE!!! wink.gif

I really like that track.... almost enough to move back to utah! Well, almost....
maf914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 4 2006, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(john rogers @ Aug 4 2006, 07:58 AM) *

I won't think there would be much air under the car. But they are all running GT valances so it must be in the rules and they really don't keep air out from under there. With my deep spoiler I don't have much air under it.

Just an idea, but the front grill appears to be wire mesh so the oil cooler could be placed further back fed by ducting. You could then connect the flexible ducts to this high pressure duct and divert some of the cool air before it goes through the oil cooler. I've seen this configuration used for brake cooling on sports prototypes. idea.gif
john rogers
I think the high pitched exhaust sound comes from the single center collector from the headers. There is an old IMSA 911 that I race in Mexico that was built by Volker Bruckman that uses that type of exhaust and his son also uses it and both engines have a very high pitched exhaust note. I put one of those center collectors on my race car and the sound gave me a headache after a practice session , even with ear plugs and the helmet so I took it off.
Eric_Shea
Got the pictures everyone was asking about on Frank Beck's car...
Eric_Shea
Got a shot of the exhuast John talks about a few posts up...

Frank was driving 3:15 on a 4.5 mile road course.
JPB
Testosterone testosterone HPs testosterone! With all this manhood, wasen't there any hot chics present for the photot shoot? Awsome pics though!

beer.gif If there were no hot chics how about a lonely bugger with a cold beer?
Eric_Shea
How about my Brother sitting in a car... blink.gif
Eric_Shea
How about another for Sean. Money shot.
Eric_Shea
How about some cool cars? Say, a ripp'n Lola and a MkIV
Eric_Shea
Here's a juicy ass shot for ya JP...

Maybe you'd like the sound system better...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.