Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back in the Saddle (sorta)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey guys after a few years out of the loop I am back. I am leaving tommorow to drive down close to Sacramento to pick up my new 914 piratenanner.gif . It is a 74 2.0 I found on Craigslist. It has tons of extras with it making it a good buy for me. I am getting this for the parts as the car has some rust issues. IT does have the appearance group with the center console. I am going to buy another 74 2.0 from Camp 914(Don't sell that car Craig to anyone but me I'll be calling you tommorow) that is a solid roller. I will be able to make a very solid & nice 914 out of both together. Here is one partial pic below. I'll add a few more once I get it home. The left overs will be sold. Here is a list of all the stuff I'm getting.
1. 74 complete 2.0 engine with FI
1. complete 2.0 engine with dual Dellorto carbs
1. Sideshift tranny
Stainless heat exchangers
Early 911 front suspension_allready on the car
original 914 front end
4- 4 lug Fuchs
4- 5 lug fuchs
Center console in excellent shape w/gages
2 extra early doors w/glass
Tons of other misc crap too

I am flippin bouncing around waiting to leave tommorow. I'l be in Sac about 5 picking up a Yamaha Warrior bike a buddy of mine bought. I'll be crashing tommorow night probably in Modesto. Then getting up at the crack of dawn to load up my car & all its pieces! Wish me luck gents -Jamie

McMark
clap56.gif Welcome back!
SirAndy
about time you made it back here ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
JRust
No kidding Andy! Wish I had a little more time this weekend to hang out maybe see a few of you Cali guys. I'm gonna be pressed for time though. So as soon as I load up I'll be heading home. With a big ass smile on my face biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Great Jamie!

Hopefully you will have one nice car when done so you can drive it to WCC07!

Corvallis??? What happened to that little pizza place?
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif driving.gif Cool!
Chris Pincetich
Sweet! I saw that car on Craigslist about 4-5 hours after it was posted and almost started drooling. You got an awesome deal if you paid asking price or below. Just the 5 lug front and 5 lug fuchs were worth what they were asking for the whole lot! w00t.gif

Every time a see a deal like that on a new project 914, I drool, think about how much more $$$ I'd rather put into the 914 I have, and hope the project ends up in the hands of a 914club member so I can tune in on the progress. Sounds like this story has a happy ending beerchug.gif
morph
long time no hear jamie,wondering if you fell of the earth,you in corvallis now?
things must be lookin up for ya now if your getting back into a 914 again.good deal btw.
welcome back
james
JRust
I'm in Stockton now crashing a hotel. I'll be picking up my car in the morning. I'll get some pics up soon
JRust
Well got my car this morning. Loaded up & left Turlock about 11a. Got home about 10pm to Corvallis. Unloaded all but the car & am ready to hit the sack. Car was in better shape than I expected. The body is straight & the paint is actually pretty good. It does have rust ina few spots. Floor pan on Drivers side, Hell hole but just a few spots thru. Anyway I am not going to keep the car. I am buying a 74 from camp 914 that is sweet without the rust issues. I've just got to freshen up the engine out of this one to put in it. I'll try to get some pics up tommorow after the Parts Obsolete swap meet. Later
JPB
Nice find!

beer.gif I wish I was in California for the kool 914s and the folks there would say,"there goes that normal guy."LOL
JRust
Got a few pics here! Kind of a mess. Hell hole not so good. Drivers pan not so good. Engines good! The heat exchangers are stainless although they are so dirty it is hard to tell. It seems there was a bit of an oil leak confused24.gif . Very shocking as I've never seen a 914 with an oil leak before thumb3d.gif
morph
kool find jamie,nice to see you today.looks like you got alot of extras with it.
need any help or parts gimmie a call,i trade wheel & deal too. i have even gotten pretty handy with a mig welder welder.gif looks like a few spots are gonna need some weldin luv.
james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.