Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where can i get the charcoal GT style felt this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
doing dash face and under windshield area....

anyone have a source for that charcoal felt stuff?
Aaron Cox
THIS STUFF!!!
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?auto...ach&id=1071
Allan
Ya like Joe's car huh?
Aaron Cox
i guess i need a carpet material....

thin backed stuff
736conver
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 4 2006, 12:54 AM) *

i guess i need a carpet material....

thin backed stuff

Is that perlon that is being used. You may want to try world upholstery, I dont know how close they are to you.
East coaster
You could try some of the car audio wingnuts in your area, they use this stuff for sub enclosures.
Kargeek
Aaron,

You mean the same stuff used on the top headliner, front trunk bulkhead etc. You might try AAA foam and fabric and the other place next to it on Main St In santa Ana just south of Edinger...

I have some awsome charcoal grey thin cut pile carpet I bought that matched the trunk carpeting used in my old E28M5. It's about 1/4" thick- but's it carpet, not what is really is like a felt like material used in our cars. Let me know if you want it. Dave H
TonyAKAVW
Whatever you get, make sure its UV safe. I put some really nice thin, rubber backed felt on my dash and now its pretty faded. It was only outside for maybe a month or less before the fading was visible.

If its rated for outdoor or automotive use then its probably fine.

-Tony
Joe Bob
APPBIZ....he's on ebay and Pelican.....sells the stuff in bulk and is down near Torrance/Palos Verdes area.....
TINCAN914
Aaron...

There is a place in Santa Ana, might be Tustin.
I thought it AAA Upolstry. I did a search, but I can't find the web site, but I do see a AAA listed in Santa Ana.
Maybe Alberto will remember. They have a sheet load of material, good prices... I bought some basket weave stuff, not the best in the world, but nice just the same.. I knkow they had a large inventory of other materials...Sorry can't be of more help..
URY914
I've watched da show Unique Whips (Yo-yo-yo) on Speed and the Goomba that does the audio work makes speaker boxes and covers them with a thin material. He sprays glue on them and pulls the material tight. Looks good. Maybe this could be used on the dash top.... confused24.gif idea.gif
tdgray
Felts - R - Us. biggrin.gif
spunone
Keystone in Anaheim sell auto industry fabrics to the industry
gms
Got mine from German Parts & Restoration (GPR) in SLO CA.
It is a pretty good match to the original GT dash material.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.