Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Damn Jeep
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

I blew a tire on the way to work and i cant get my damn spare off becuase of these gorilla star locks!

now i have to drive to some town way the hell out of the city to get the right wrench...good start to a friday. headbang.gif
fitsbain
Sorry dude!!

All the more reason to get an inspection sticker on the teener and take it.
Cap'n Krusty
Its a Jeep, ferpete'ssake! Jeeps can be fixed with gum, baling wire, and a monkey wrench. Don't you ever watch WW2 movies? The Cap'n
Joe Bob
A jeep in Boston????

Does it get dirty?
messix
your not supossed to drive jeeps on pavement dummy! slap.gif thats why you blew a tire!
Sparky
I blew the drivers front on the Mass pike doing about 85 just over a year ago. Good thing I have big gorilla arms and could hold the steering wheel straight long enough to get it to the side of the road.

drewvw

ok...y'all see that picture of the blown tire, that star lug is what's killing me right now.

i don't have one for the spare and I can't find one, they are hard to buy for "security reasons".

So now I have to get the damn thing towed to my house so I can go get a new tire, or else it gets towed at 2am. Gotta love the city...

z....she's old and beat up, and has been relegated to commuter duty lately. But she's diiiirty, don't worry about that....
Joe Bob
That looks like an old McGuard wheel lock.....find an old crappy japanese tool set socket that fits kinda tight and then bash the MOFO on there tight.....then flex handle it off....when done give it the "float test" in the nearest river.....ya gots rivers out there right?
drewvw

we do have rivers yes....

right now, i'd like to beat the hell out of it with a sawzall, but i will try your method first i guess..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.