Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater fan hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cassidy_bolger
The auxiliary heater fan in my car has only one hose coming from the driver's side to the fan. The passenger side is capped. The fan itself seems to only have a port for one hose anyway. What gives?

I bet it boosts my horsepower, right? screwy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Aug 4 2006, 08:13 AM) *

The auxiliary heater fan in my car has only one hose coming from the driver's side to the fan. The passenger side is capped. The fan itself seems to only have a port for one hose anyway. What gives?

I bet it boosts my horsepower, right? screwy.gif

money savings, i suppose ... you can either get a plastic "Y" and attach a second hose or get the early style fan with two outlets (which mounts in a different location) ...

smile.gif Andy
hi4head
Whoa!

Another '73 2.0 Zambezi Green with the same setup.

Well almost, my hose was black, not the classy silver that you have.

Mine was the same until a month ago. When Doug and I brought mine back out of 8 years of hibernation, he gave me a blower with two outputs (1 in each direction) from his collection of three cars (2 are parts). I'm not sure what year it is from.

I now have the capability to send blower air to each of the heat exchangers.

This winter, we might get a chance to see if it actually works.

Chris
Bruce Allert
The PO of my last 914 used a 2" PVC "T" and connected to the passenger side hole. Paint it black & no one would know the diff!

....b
914Sixer
75-76 cars came with the spliter to put heat to both sides. I do not know if they are still available from Porsche but they show from time to time.
VWnDRAG
Cassidy -
Here's a shot of the factory splitter they used in 1975. Looks like it would be a direct clamp-on for your earlier car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.