Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find Top Gear episodes?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Just having alot more trouble getting the latest episodes. Any idea where it would be best to download them?

Seems you can watch them online at BBCs website but you need to have a UK ip address. I'm not to familiar with getting around this.
tomamafone
I used to watch em all the time on youtube.com or google video (video.google.com)... just checked and it looks like the bbc has requested them be removed from youtube and google. they better be releasing a box set or somethin...
lapuwali
Shoot, if all we need is a UK IP address, we just need someone to set up a proxy for us. I used to work for the company that provides the Beeb with "where is this IP physically located" data. If I were still there, I'd have someone rig you up a UK address.

Where have you been getting them? My source so far has been a co-worker who just hands me DVDs with episodes he burns for me. I believe he's using some BitTorrent site to get them.
Part Pricer

Available via torrents

http://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=top+gear&video=on

BGman
OkPP- you eill have to tutor us dumber people on how to use this...
I downloaded and installed the Azureus program- but cannot seem to figure out how to download any of the top gear videos...and I am not sure I understand the "help" faq. Is this a pretty complicated thing?
turboman808
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Aug 4 2006, 01:00 PM) *

HAHA
Thanks man

Got a couple complaints here at work that the internet connection is very slow happy11.gif

Told them I called our provider and they are having trouble in our area and should be up soon. Or when I get that 8th season episode 8 downloaded biggrin.gif
bondo
What ever happened to the discovery channel bringing it back? Did it get "cancelled" again?
lapuwali
I think they're still "Americanizing" the episodes. Believe me, you NEED to see an original UK episode to see what you've missed. It's a thousand times better. The American versions are shite by comparison.
turboman808
QUOTE(bondo @ Aug 4 2006, 04:52 PM) *

What ever happened to the discovery channel bringing it back? Did it get "cancelled" again?

Yeah they really edited the US version. Jeremy Clarkson makes fun of Americans BIG TIME!

Once they showed a crashed hummer and he says in a Texas voice "Oh no I hit an Americans buttocks, Oh no it's my wifes buttocks"

Once when reviewing the Ford Mustang they say "It's got a 4.6 liter V8, which might be impressive if it was German"
cha914
http://www.mininova.org/ - great torrent site, I can usually get the fresh episode of top gear on monday morning!

enjoy!
jonwatts
Bit Torrent, yep. It's good for all kinds of stuff but if you're mostly interested in Top Gear then you can track the torrents on FinalGear.

VaccaRabite
Man John, you beat me to it.

www.finalgear.com

The last episode of the season was last week. They are not back till the fall. Pretty good episode too.

Zach
Scott Carlberg
How long - on DSL - should it take to Download one of these Torrents, so that you can watch Top Gear?

I ask because, 47 minutes ago, I started the download and the ETA says.....

5 HOURS remain! blink.gif confused24.gif

Should it take that long?
I went thru the link that Jon Watts put up,
http://www.finalgear.com/
VaccaRabite
It depends.

I'm als on a slowish DSL line. If there are a lot of people seeding the torrent, it goes quick. If there are a lot of people trying to get the file and only a few seeds, its slow. Also, in the "Captian Obvious" department, the 495mb rips will DL faster then the 700MB scene rips.

When I do it, I usually DL at night before bed, and then watch it the next monday after work.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.