Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might be going tp Pepple Beach!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
Ok, first off I need hotel suggestions that won't break the bank..

Now, wife is out on sales calls today and gets tickets to a event at The Quail and has lead on getting press passes for Pebble.....and she was wondering if this was a good thing. You would thing that with two motor heads in the house that some of it would rub off!! Oh also we might be covering something called The Petite something or other!!!!
lapuwali
PeBBle Beach is a big deal. PePPle Beach, I've never heard of... wink.gif
d914
Ok so I can't type or spell!!! drunk.gif and I just got off their web site,,,go figure!!
tdgray
Bunch a pinky lifting wine sippers.

Not my idea of fun.

My buddys Dino won best in show about 10 years ago there.

drew365
Good luck finding a room, even if you wanted to break the bank!
messix
don't fuss over dress either, flipflops, beach shorts and bowling shirt and you'll fit right in. [ i wonder how that would go over?]
d914
914 club hat and t-shirt,,,,,,,also have some left over 914 club window stickers!! aktion035.gif
Joe Bob
Yer bowling shirt needs to be clean....

It's a neat event....high digit...bring cubic mega dollars for EVERYTHING....
dekman
Got a room for thursday night($99 in Pacific grove). I go up thursday early(4 1/2 hrs.)....go in to laguna seca(free). Get my fill of historic race cars and watch practice. Then hit RM and Russo previews, hopeful dinner with Ken and his new black 914-6, then Christie's Auction($60). Fri morning back to laguna seca (optional-$45), then into Pebble Beach to cruise and check the previews at the PB Lodge(Blackhawk) and the Equestrian Center(Gooding), then sneak in to the Quail Lodge(Bonhams) preview. Then, late lunch in Big Sur and take HWY 1(twisty road) home. Back in my own bed friday night. And I have a camera full of cool pic's! thumb3d.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(dekman @ Aug 4 2006, 10:23 PM) *

Got a room for thursday night($99 in Pacific grove). I go up thursday early(4 1/2 hrs.)....go in to laguna seca(free). Get my fill of historic race cars and watch practice. Then hit RM and Russo previews, hopeful dinner with Ken and his new black 914-6, then Christie's Auction($60). Fri morning back to laguna seca (optional-$45), then into Pebble Beach to cruise and check the previews at the PB Lodge(Blackhawk) and the Equestrian Center(Gooding), then sneak in to the Quail Lodge(Bonhams) preview. Then, late lunch in Big Sur and take HWY 1(twisty road) home. Back in my own bed friday night. And I have a camera full of cool pic's! thumb3d.gif

Now THAT man has a plan!
Dominic
QUOTE(d914 @ Aug 4 2006, 02:22 PM) *

Ok, first off I need hotel suggestions that won't break the bank..

Now, wife is out on sales calls today and gets tickets to a event at The Quail and has lead on getting press passes for Pebble.....and she was wondering if this was a good thing. You would thing that with two motor heads in the house that some of it would rub off!! Oh also we might be covering something called The Petite something or other!!!!

You can usually find rooms in Carmel Valley for a little less than anything in town (monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel). Go to the track on Friday if you want to see all the Vintage run groups in the same day, also less $$ than sat. or sunday.
The actual Pebble Beach Concours DeLegance on Sunday is quite pricey. I think they want $150.00 per person to walk around the grass and peek at some nice old cars. http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/
I did it in 98' when Porsche was the feature marque. Only $50.00 a ticket back then.
You will definately spend some $$$ that weekend, but go there and enjoy yourself.
I wish I could be there.....but I'm stuck in Montgomery, Al for several more weeks. mad.gif
d914
hopefully tickets will not be an issue, press pass!! but travel and hotel is on us!! Hoping for some good contacts.. We own a local TV show in Atlanta and trying to get to the next level..
dekman
Greg, Monterey is usually sold out on the weekend. I have gotten lucky on occasion by walking in and asking about a cancellations. If all else fails, you can drive out to Salinas and find lodging. Monterey bay hotel called me and said they had one night(thurs only) for $520 plus tax! They all raise their prices for this big weekend......Good Luck! smile.gif http://www.woodsidehotels.com/monterey/index.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.