Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: today was 914 day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
first, while driving to get some gas (in the jeep), i see a very nice light green 914 pulling out of a side street just 2 blocks from where i live (west-oakland). driver was a older white male (50 something maybe). clean cut. anyone here on the board???

then i go over to kragen in berkeley and while i'm on my way to the free-way, i see a red 914 with a junger white male (long hair) crossing university ave. anyone here on the board???

then, i get to the shop, stop at the gas station to get some schtuff to stock up the fridge, you know, things that keep you awake and happy while you work on 914s.
give the guy a 20 and my change turns out to be 9:16 ...

and now the most amazing part, everything that was on my list to do to the car today went absolutly smooth. got it all done without a hitch.

how is that for a 914 saturday?
Andy
Aaron Cox
confused24.gif i changed my oil today, met an original 6 owner and saw his 20k mile concourse car!
MarkV
I started my car & let it idle for a while so that the battery doesn't go dead.
mharrison
My 914 day consisted of tearing down my Dellortos to soak in carb cleaner.... mad.gif
RustyWa
My 914 day was spent mowing the grass. D'oh!
J P Stein
I transplanted flowers, planted bulbs, mowed the grass and took Aaron for a ride in ulf....so the day wasn't a complete waste laugh.gif
Howard
I've got your 914 day right here. Learning to use my video cam and 914.

http://www.thehowardagency.com/willow3.wmv
Howard
I just don't get it.

http://www.thehowardagency.com/willow3.wmv
SirAndy
fixed the link for ya wink.gif

Andy
J P Stein
Copy & paste and the link wurks.

Seems like a successful test. Now, if the background "music" was a bit better.... laugh.gif
Howard
What a guy! Want to work on my web site? Cgi drives me crazy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 18 2003, 10:29 PM)
What a guy! Want to work on my web site? Cgi drives me crazy.

not really wink.gif i'm trying to stay out of it.
i do, however, like CGI/Perl ...

Andy
Howard
Andy (and whoever else is listening),

I want to update my business web site to be a bit more user friendly when people visit to get a quote on car insurance.

The overall level of assistance that has been available on this forum says a lot about the members. Anyone looking for a few extra $$ as a website consultant? Still will want 914 questions answered for free smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 18 2003, 10:41 PM)
Anyone looking for a few extra $$ as a website consultant?

how much are you willing to spend?

my normal rate is $85 bucks per hour for that kind of work.
i'll do it for $65/hour for you if you're interested ...

Andy
Howard
How fast do you work??

Please call me in the office Monday. 800/622-1602 or email info@thehowardagency.com

Fill out a quote request and see what part of it pisses you off.
URY914
I fixed my gas pedal pivot (pictures to follow in another thread)
Painted two of the body mounting points that I had welded on earlier in the week. I'm changing every thing to dzus fittings instead of pins.
Sanded the rear lid 'cause I'm painting it black today.
Took the targa bar trim off 'cause I'm also painting the targe bar today.
And I started it and let it idle for a few minutes.

About 4 hours total.

Paul smilie_flagge6.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.