Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Sway Bar drop links
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
bdstone914
I am checking into making rear sway bar drop links. They have ben listed as NLA on Pelican for some time now. Seems the they get lost when the bushings rot and they fall off.
I will need to buy a about $500 worth of metric tubing an bar stock in adition to making a jig to weld them. I could make them better than the OEM design with a thicker 10 MM bar beyween the drop link ends.

They could be powder coated or plated gold or silver.

The OEM new price was $50 when they were available. To recoup my investment I would need to initailly sell them for about $25 each.

Anyone interested ?

bdstone914
Aaron Cox
make them with a turn buckle (left and right hand threads) so you can make them height adjustable, and dial out preload.....

xlchspor
Put me down for some thats for sure at least a set anyway,I just ordered one from A.A 52.00 for one,*I will get another set for spares Thanks Dennis
ConeDodger
Bruce,

Prototype worked well. A little longer so a little less swaybar effect in the rear. Gear up and do them!
Thanks for having me test it. I owe you $25.00 I am keeping them biggrin.gif
surfcity
Just found out I lost one on the rear passenger side.
Are you going to make them?
jdogg
Adjustable with turnbuckles? I'd take a set....Where are you at with these???
rhodyguy
i could use 1 non-adj. then i can sell the rear bar i have. can't remember...are they l/r specific?

k
914werke
nope just a lenght of rod with a beveled hoop at each end. You install the bushings directionally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.