Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sales folders MY'75, various languages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
based on a mail from Jeff I thought it would be a good idea to show all my MY'75 Porsche 914 sales folders language versions
there might be interested more guys - and it would be easier for me wink.gif

let's start at the home country of the teener:

it's print #1054.10 and it says "GT-Paket"

Gustl
let's continue with the english version, NOT USA

it's print #1054.20 and it says "GT Kitt"

Gustl
the next one is french

it's print #1054.30 and it says "Paquet GT comprenant"

Gustl
the last one is the US folder

there are some little differences to the others:
for sure, it reads "Porsche 914" instead of "VW-Porsche 914"
and it shows side markers

but then:
the print number is completely different: 33-73-56010 ... all other countries used this print number style only up to MY'72, the US versions used it up to MY'76

there is NO mention of a GT package - known as LE package in the states

JeffBowlsby
Thanks for posting these Wolfgang, they are really interesting to see and compare. The US version brochure describes most of what we know as the LE equipment under the title Performance Group as it was known in previous years., but I dont think the Performance Group was available as that here in the US markets in 1974-1976, which is interesting as to why it is described in the brochure like that. The items were available separately though.
VWnDRAG
......and the inside of the US version brochure.
One car has visable side markers, one doesn't.
The third shot has a conveniently placed piece of luggage over the side marker & turn signal lens.
Gustl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 5 2006, 04:52 PM) *

The US version brochure describes most of what we know as the LE equipment under the title Performance Group as it was known in previous years., but I dont think the Performance Group was available as that here in the US markets in 1974-1976, which is interesting as to why it is described in the brochure like that. The items were available separately though.

well, the 1974 folder describes the Appearance group as well as the Performance group

but the 1976 folder doesn't mention one of them - so there is definitely a difference
interesting detail on the 1976 folder - it only shows the 2.0 model
(I know there were several discussions in this forum if the 1.8 was available on the 1976 cars)

wavey.gif Gustl
tod914
Very interesting.. Ive never seen a late model car without sail panel vinal.. and yet it has the fogs too. Cool deal.
VWnDRAG
You’re right. No sail tail vinyl/chrome on the foreign car.
I thought Porsche would have just used the same shot and “photo-shopped” in or out the US specs. On the US brochure they’ve only blurred the front end of the car. Easy to add or remove side markers. The sail tail chrome is really crisp though.
I wonder if it’s two completely different photo shoots all together. The background is also different for the US brochure, as are the passengers. She probably looks more “American” (whatever that means) in the US brochure. Arm on the door, more “ballsy”? cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.