Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap 914 owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I didn't want to replace my key so, I started thinking how I could get the plastic part to stick to the actual key. Small wire ties were the answer. It should last as long as I need it.

Dave
dekman
INGENIOUS /adj : marked by special aptitude, inventing, original, cleverness in conception, resourcefulness. clap56.gif
BenT
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Aug 5 2006, 10:37 AM) *

I didn't want to replace my key so, I started thinking how I could get the plastic part to stick to the actual key. Small wire ties were the answer. It should last as long as I need it.

Dave

Reminds me of the 75 914 I had that someone converted to 914-6. I guess money ran out for new transmission mounts because they used a chain (the kind you get from the local hardware store) and a padlock to secure the transaxle.

BenT
messix
jeez dave, don't you have so kinda epoxy that you glue stuff together with laying around? maybe some efferdent.
sixnotfour
jeez dave, don't you have so kinda epoxy that you glue stuff together with laying around? maybe some efferdent.

at least he didnt use bailing wire,
now if you had used saftey wire and done it proper youd be held high regard.
messix
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Aug 5 2006, 10:37 AM) *

Dave

it looks pretty dirty too.
GWN7
chairfall.gif biggrin.gif
highways
All you need now is a miniture jackstand keyring thumb3d.gif
morph
q tip and some alcohol clean it up real good. Find some cheap epoxy done. but ties? i thought i was a cheapo laugh.gif
james
jonwatts
Dave aren't you a dentist? Where's the stainless steel wire you use for braces?

swood
I say Group BUY!!

Admins...Nail this puppy!!

mueba.gif
JPB
Some do not SEE the GREATNESS of this MAN's ENGINUITY!! Purist Minimalist have unanimously crowner this idea worthy of one gold star, two Swedesh Chics and an all you can eat Swedish seafood buffet of your choice.

beer.gif To be large one must think large! smilie_pokal.gif Congats brother and show your GEATNESS with pride!
DNHunt
This is the same key Dino complained about at WCC in the AX. It separated and all the keys on the key ring flew around while he was driving. Some kind of Murphy's law applied to racing. What can break will break. No more Dino. I applied good old 20th century technology to it (don't tell hom it is the 21st century now).

I'm really quite pleased with myself. It is certainly better engineered than my scoop under the car to provide air to the oil cooler in front of cylinder #2. It is also better than my rally top on which I can carry 2 AX tires (ask JP about that). It is however far short of the crankfire ignition set up on my 914. Some things work some don't.

Dave
dinomium
Dave, you may have missed your true calling! Too funny, brother!
Toast
lol2.gif

You should have used red ones biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.