Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's it worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
There were a set of crome Empis on my car when I bought it from my pops, but I didn't really care for them. I told him I'd buy the car with the Rivieras that he got with the car back on it. He could keep the Empis, but he has no use for them. So he wants to sell them to help fund his Fiat 124 spider project, and I thought the club would be a good place to find a buyer. Anyways, anyone know what they're worth? I guess I should say that they're not REAL Empis. He says he thinks they're American Wheel's, but they are in perfect condition. He hadn't driven it too long after buying those wheels before he blew the tranny and parked it. They also have a set of 195/50/zr15 Falkens on them, but I don't really think they're any good because of sitting and rotting for so long. Any guesses and value/bids? Thanks
Mark D.
P.S. Sorry, I didn't think that this should technically go into the 'classifieds' section.
anthony
They are worth next to nothing IMO.
BenT
I recently bought set of 4 with decent tires in the San Francisco Craigslist for $50. The repros aren't worth much. I see them often for $100 a set with tires.

BenT
Mueller
about $50 for the set smile.gif

seriously, about $150 for the rims....more than likely they are the VW offset which limits the size tire for a stock rear fendered 914....
BenT
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 5 2006, 12:12 PM) *

about $50 for the set smile.gif

seriously, about $150 for the rims....more than likely they are the VW offset which limits the size tire for a stock rear fendered 914....

I'll sell you a set for $150. smile.gif

BenT
jr91472
I sold a set of 4 for $200 on ebay.

You won't get much for them here, due to poor offset. Try thesamba.com

beer.gif
JPB
As for rims, they look good and are worth more to the VW croud than to we the "VW 914 Porsche" people. I bet you can sell them on Ebay since they are worth like over 500$ new I believe. Don't give up and don't expect much here unless they are ultra light or genuine Porsche parts. I like them on 914s and just complimented someone with such a setup; they looked great!

beer.gif Gluck!
Mueller
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 5 2006, 02:33 PM) *

As for rims, they look good and are worth more to the VW croud than to we the "VW 914 Porsche" people. I bet you can sell them on Ebay since they are worth like over 500$ new I believe. Don't give up and don't expect much here unless they are ultra light or genuine Porsche parts. I like them on 914s and just complimented someone with such a setup; they looked great!

beer.gif Gluck!

you must be smoke'n smoke.gif biggrin.gif

Current issue of Hot VW's (featuring an engine build by Jake) has brand new 8 spoke empi wannabes for $79 a pop.... (page 27)

so being used, these are worth even less.......
JPB
Ya them VW mags have great deals but at 9Xauto they are going for $595.00. I guess you are a better shopper than I bro and I gladly stand corrected.

beer.gif There ya have it bro, they sell cheeppppp! Unless they are from 9Xauto. LOL
porschecb
IPB Image

I think these wheels are the closest to Panasport as you can get! Offset still allows for 205/55/15 without fender modification(s). Us old timers still like this wheel.
Mueller
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 5 2006, 04:27 PM) *

Ya them VW mags have great deals but at 9Xauto they are going for $595.00. I guess you are a better shopper than I bro and I gladly stand corrected.

beer.gif There ya have it bro, they sell cheeppppp! Unless they are from 9Xauto. LOL

I wouldn't buy rims for my lawn mower from that place...they'll be overpriced and claim to add 10HP smile.gif
JPB
I wouldn't buy rims for my lawn mower from that place...they'll be overpriced and claim to add 10HP smile.gif
[/quote]

agree.gif Unless ya want a 20HP push mower. av-943.gif

And yes them Empis look great don't they. No brotha blingady blingbling going on cuz. OOps I'm shining mine.

beer.gif Retract them last sentences from the record plzeezee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.