Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cam shaft
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
After tracking down some info from the previous owner I have finally found out that I have a Scat CAm for a 914 with lift of .490"/12.446mm x duration of 275 Degrees. I have a 1.9 (1.7 with big bore kit. new heads, piston and cylinders). I currently have the stock fuel injection and the car runs stongest and pulls super smooth around 3300-5000. However, The idle has to be set around 1300.
Mueller
..if it currently is running, you might get lucky and tweak a few things to get it to idle and run better...if the cam really is designed for carbs, you'll be fighting with the stock fuel injection all the time...it will not harm anything, just be an inconvience....

it might run better with carbs (40s) however you have to ensure they are tuned correctly or you'll have problems with them as well...
wilchek
Mueller
get a megasquirt....plenty of help here...
LowGT
I have a stock 1.7 that the DAPO put weber 44IDF's on. Needless to say, it's too much carb for the engine. I rebuilt both of them and set the floats. They work great and sound awesome, but are just too rich. I would prefer FI since it's all stock in the motor.

Maybe we can work out a trade or something if you're interested. smile.gif
wilchek
I attached some pics of my car, original 78K miles.
JPB
Freaken awsome schweet looking beast ya got there!!! Does it have a sister?LOL Nice black trim and them rims look freekin great; just the right accent!!!

beer.gif Very good taste on your part I might add.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.