Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Bushing Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I installed my rear bushings based off the Eric's thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=12139

...and mine are rotating around the shaft. Should I go with it and remove the arm again and lube the shaft or should I hone the arm in hopes it will move there? It moves really easy on the shaft with no grease, so I feel like I should remove the shaft, grease it, and go with the flow?

Ideas?

Thanks.

-Aaron

MecGen
Hi Aaron

Yeh I would take it apart and grease the shaft. Probably when everything is pressed together it grips the shaft and turns in the arm insted, if I understood properly....

Later

beerchug.gif
John
The shaft that runs through the rear trailing arm is meant to stay stationary. The shaft has serrartions on the ends to help it bite into the inner ear and the outer cup.

The bushing is meant to stay fixed in the arm. The arm and bushing are meant to rotate as a pair around the shaft.

I hope that this is what is happening for you.

I saw a thread that shows an incorrect installation (they had grooved the OUTSIDE of the bushing hoping that the bushing would rotate inside the arm).

This is incorrect. If a grease groove is made, it should be on the inside of the bushing so that grease can get between the bushing and the shaft.

just my $0.02
Aaron Cox
aaron,

grease grooves rock. i have the dremel tool, and the magic weltsheister gorilla jizz lube they reccomend. no squeaks on mine....
grooves allow you to pack the shit out of em with grease.
yeahmag
It is gripping the arm (even though it's grooved and lubed) and rotating on the shaft. I agree that it seems logical to rotate on the shaft due to surface area and torque... I'll take it back apart and lube the shaft (seeing as it's rotating there anyway).

Thanks.

-Aaron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.