Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S&S Headers/ Exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Moneypit
I was snooping for SS heat exchangers today, when I ran across the company S&S, who makes headers and exhaust for the 914. Anyone have these? are these just the stainless steel headers everyones getting? whats the story, there was no picture, so i dont know if they're just headers, or full heat exchangers too.

If theyre not, is there a shop in the arizona area that could fabricate some ss headers and heat exchanger shrouds? That and I'd like to get my monza exhaust redone in stainless steel, im tired of these things rusting all the paint off. the original one on my car literally fell off.....
Mueller
STAY AWAY !!!

those guys are a bunch of idiots.....I bought the "header", damn thing was just the tubes that bolt onto the back of the heat exchangers and before the muffler...waste of time....they took it back but I ended up eating the shipping, I told them it was in no way shape or form a "header", they wouldn't change thier discription or add a picture....it'll look like this picture but without the muffler...

Click to view attachment

JPB
How you say swop meet!!! If you have the patience then go to one and you might find what you need for alot less and a true header from the heads back. You don't want something that bolts to your existing ones since you wanna replace them. I think you want SS heat exchangers and they are hign but if you want heat, they are the ticket. The last thing I needed was heat so purchased a header, straight pipes no heater boxes, for 150$ and ceramic coated them for another 150$. They will never rust and it came with a Super Trap. Expect to pay more than 400$ clams for ss heat exchangers and a little more for a muffler to attach to them.

beer.gif Heat is over rated!!!!
Air_Cooled_Nut
Stay away. Do a search here on them. They are into fast sales w/poor engineering! Not worth the money for any vehicle as far as I'm concerned.
Moneypit
Thanks a bunch for the warn!

How much you think for me to get my stock headers blasted/ceramic coated and maybe have some basic ss heat exchangers fabricated? mostly what I need is for Defrost/defog on my windshield.... heat/ac doesnt concern me as much.

And i really like the sound of my monza style exhaust, but im tired of it rusting.... guess i could ceramic coat it, though id really love maybe getting one made in stainless stell, though id assume thatd be plenty of $$$ involved...

anyone know of a good ceramic coating shop there in Phoenix? id figure there should be plenty with the amount of car stuff there.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.