Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After 3 years,here it is..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
After this car being done for 3 years I never had it out
to take photos. Cleaned the garage out and snapped a few. biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
One more with his older American big brother.
drewvw

i like the balance of that garage....classic german sports car and classic american cruiser. beerchug.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Car looks great. Have you posted more about it that I have missed? How 'bout some more info on the car. "Go Steelers".

Elliot (From Clairton)
nomore9one4
Some interior shots.

Car has the stock 1.7 with the tailshifter. I added the fiberglass flares. I did all the body work including the paint. Not great but looks good enough. I did the entire interior including the dash. Dash is done in a mahogany vineer. Car has about 7 miles since finished 3 years ago. blink.gif I put more than that on the 914 bar already drunk.gif Thanks for looking. Bob
Mueller
nice looking car..why so few miles??
Joe Bob
Termites.....
JPB
Nice car! Burn some fuel, live a little!! smilie_pokal.gif

What did your rear wing come from, its a nice detail.
Trekkor
Pretty cool clap56.gif

Time to drive it.

KT
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 6 2006, 07:51 AM) *

nice looking car..why so few miles??

The more I drive it the larger the chance of it seeing jackstands again sad.gif Actually the only reason I have it was to build it. Now it is built, therefore now it sits. Someday I will do nothing but drive them driving.gif biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 6 2006, 09:12 AM) *

Nice car! Burn some fuel, live a little!! smilie_pokal.gif

What did your rear wing come from, its a nice detail.

The wing is off of a Lexus. 70 series if I remember correctly. Brake light works too. smile.gif
fitsbain
When I come up there I think you will have to take me for a ride

happy11.gif
Dr. Roger
just make it your little grocery getter. the miles will rack up like it's nothing and you'll find yourself wanting to drive it furthur and furthur.
next the video store.
then the park.
then the beach.

then the "2007 West Coast Classic" <;-)>

nice garage paint job!
what kind of paint/prep?
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Aug 6 2006, 01:30 PM) *

nice garage paint job!
what kind of paint/prep?

Thanks Dr. I used that white primer/sealer(forget the name) the good stuff. As for the paint (sunshine yellow)I just used the old school enamel applied 4 coats and then 3 coats of clear. Wet sanded it for what appeared to be a life time and then had my neighbor buff it out. The paint looks pretty good,but the body work has some waves. I actually think I am going to do the body work over and a repaint. If I can get them into the budget I am going to replace the fiberglass flares with the steel. Using fiberglass is my biggest regret.They were concaved on the sides and took alot of reshaping to get them to look right and I should have used steel from the start since I plan to keep the car. I am in the process of the 914 loveseat project, so the car is safe from the jackstands for now. beerchug.gif
tdgray
I've seen Bobs car in person. He did a very nice job.

Come on Bob get out and driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.