Trekkor
How would this work? HP.

2.0 case and heads.
2.2 p's and c's
2.7 crank and rods
Bigger valves and port work
"S" cams
triple Weber 40's

This can be done for arond $4k with my connections.

KT
Aaron Cox
why 2L heads????

its all in the combo (even with sixes)
Trekkor
After bigger valves and port work they will no longer be 2.0 heads wink.gif

KT
DanT
I know where you can pick up a nice smile.gif smile.gif set of nice 2.2S P/Cs, if you need to source some.

grantsfo
This would be cool Trekkor. I just love small displacement 6's. Seems like many take the easy way and shove a big 3+ liter engine in the car. I think unless you are going tube frame and a bunch of reinforcements small powerful 6 is the way to go.

Having said that I'm thinking of selling my 2.4 and just throwing a 3.2 in mine next year.
Trekkor
Yes boldblue.gif I need those drooley.gif

I'll need these.
This is a Bay Area builder's formula for a fun motor.

KT
Trekkor
I'll still do re-inforcing and bracing mods over the winter, anyway. welder.gif

KT
Brando
trekkor, why the need for small displacement? You can get so much more power out of a high-compression, 906-cammed 930 block. The best part is that low-mileage 911 SC engines (longblocks) can be had for cheap.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brando @ Aug 6 2006, 10:51 AM) *

trekkor, why the need for small displacement? You can get so much more power out of a high-compression, 906-cammed 930 block. The best part is that low-mileage 911 SC engines (longblocks) can be had for cheap.

S cams are screamin enuff...
906 cams are like "hey, im a bitch under 7k"

maybe he likes his class? or doesnt want to run wif da big boys...
Trekkor
Part of it is the $$$ ( big part ).

I'm looking for 200-250 HP.
What do you think my proposed combo will make?

High compression is OK as I can get race fuel locally at two differant places 15 minutes from home.

It's almost a track only car at this point.

KT
Brando
I made the suggestions because Trekkor is more than likely feeling the need for power. That, and every event he attends he's getting TTOD for his class. Maybe he's reached the peak of his potential in that class, and it's time to move up?
sixnotfour
that combo will be 2.4,
dump the 2.0 heads espec. if you use 2.2 pistons different dome, and you have to have em cut to fit the 2.2 head gasket design anyway, they wont be 2.0 head anymore, unless your building a cheater "2.0" motor,
use the 2.2-2.4 heads, they have 40/46mm valves, port em S spec,
get the later bigger oil pump
good fun motor,
oh thats what I have
Trekkor
I'm pretty excited about this.

More power, yeah, that...

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.