Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLITS' 6 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
This was from last weekend.

Here is Ron throwing sparks from the engine bay.

Click to view attachment

He's cutting off the engine bay lid hook so that he can make room for the CIS to fit.

Toast
Meanwhile Thomas is cutting up cars. sawzall-smiley.gif
Can you identify what car this was?

Click to view attachment
GWN7
Looks like the light blue 911
Toast
Then the cops show up! ohmy.gif
Here is Thomas and Ron talking with the officer. (Sorry about the crappy camera phone pic.)

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
av-943.gif Why?
Toast
Is the officer writing Ron a ticket?
Wouldn't be suprised! tongue.gif Except he is not speeding this time. What could it be for now? Oil spill a biohazzard? laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
chopshop, hope you had paperwork beerchug.gif
hey can I get a reciept for the motor ron ? slap.gif
Brando
lol2.gif chairfall.gif

They're already writing him a few speeder tickets for that /6 laugh.gif
Toast
Ron did tell the officer.........
"If you see me flying down this street, it is because I am testing out the engine. "
slap.gif
Dr Evil
C'mon, stop teasing, whats the whole story? idea.gif
Joe Bob
I heard Ron got busted for CRACK.............

Too much butt crack...... blink.gif
Jerry
So???? are you gonna tell us what the ticket was all about???? Or what?????
Toast
And here he is.........
Officer David Martin..........Former 914 owner!! driving.gif busted_cop.gif

Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
guessing they didnt have paperwork on that car they cut up...
GWN7
So why did they pull in the yard? Neibours complain about the noise wink.gif
Toast
Common guys, I'm on Dial up! I'm getting there!

Ok, Officer Martin owned a 914 in college as his daily driver for 3 years. We all talked for about an hour! He loved it and said never had any problems with it.
We told him about the 914 events, WWC, RRC, RT66, and the R&G swap meet that we have twice a year.
Don't be suprised if he shows up.
sixnotfour
Toast is that officer pic your fav? wub.gif laugh.gif
Toast
In the "writing" photo, he was actually looking up the registration info on the car.
It showed up on the DMV records as being last registered in 1997!!!! ohmy.gif sad.gif
Officer Martin said that is the oldest record for a car out of registration that he has ever seen.
Dr Evil
Thats a good encounter with the fuzz
sixnotfour
In the "writing" photo, he was actually looking up the registration info on the car.
It showed up on the DMV records as being last registered in 1997!!!!
Officer Martin said that is the oldest record for a car out of registration that he has ever seen.

I ahd one from 1990 , it took em 2weeks to re-enter it into the system, so I could go back and transfer it .
Toast
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 6 2006, 11:47 AM) *

Toast is that officer pic your fav? wub.gif laugh.gif

Actually, he was pretty hansome. cool_shades.gif

Funny story is when he first arrived, I was in the other end of the shop. I heard an unfamiliar voice and went to check it out. When I turned the corner and saw an officer there talking to Thomas and Ron about 914's, I approached and said......
"I heard somebody was talking crap about 914's."

He noticed my 914 Gurl hat that I was wearing and said....... "I see that you are a 914 girl. I better not mess with you."

laugh.gif
Toast
He even mentioned that he knew of a Brad Roberts and the All914 website!!

He mentioned that without us saying anything about it. blink.gif

Old school!
Toast
Ok, enough funny business.

Ron is now to the wiring left on the 6. He has been studying multiply diagrams every day for the last two weeks and can not figure out how to hook up the wiring.

He is ready to give up!!!

Can anybody help Ron?! Come one guys, for all the things he has done for everyone here, can somebody please go help this guy?!! help.gif

If he gives up, he's going to give up for good!
Aaron Cox
tell ron to take his ginko and it will be all good.....

Joe Bob
Is he wiring it straight to the 14 pin or is he going thru the 914 circuit board?
Toast
Z, I'm not sure. Call him.

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 6 2006, 11:53 AM) *

I ahd one from 1990 , it took em 2weeks to re-enter it into the system, so I could go back and transfer it .

Yea, but back registration fees for 9 years! yikes.gif

Ron did tell the officer.........
"If you see me flying down this street, it is because I am testing out the engine. "

And the officer said, "well you better make sure you call me first so I can be riding with you. That way you may avoid getting a ticket."
aktion035.gif

Yea right, he just wanted to go for a ride in the 6. laugh.gif
Dr Evil
I have schematics that I drew that perectly mate the 911 to the 914 harness with the addition od oil T and P gauges, would this be helpful to him? I can scan them if he needs them and post them.
GWN7
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 6 2006, 11:56 AM) *

He even mentioned that he knew of a Brad Roberts and the All914 website!!

He mentioned that without us saying anything about it. blink.gif

Old school!

I wonder what his nick was back then......he'd have to have joined us there to remember it smile.gif
draperjojo
I bought an old military jeep once that had never EVER been registered, and I was given a title showing me as the first owner. It was titled as a "1952".
Toast
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 6 2006, 02:30 PM) *

I have schematics that I drew that perectly mate the 911 to the 914 harness with the addition od oil T and P gauges, would this be helpful to him? I can scan them if he needs them and post them.

monkeydance.gif
I believe that is exactly what he needs! He mentioned to me that you posted about some scematics.
Dr Evil
Scematics have been scanned and sent. I am glad to see so many doing CIS 2.7 swaps.
Aaron Cox
post em here! stick.gif
Dr Evil
They are on the other computer, I'll put them here later. They are no work of art, but they are pretty comprehensive and will help you mate the 911 engione harness to the 914 board.
Toast
aktion035.gif Well, without the hair. laugh.gif Dr. Evil always rockin.

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Aug 6 2006, 11:32 AM) *

Looks like the light blue 911

Actually, it was a 912. Kept the roof, seats, and one of the doors for possible sale.
drewvw
For the record, that police car looks fake. The lettering on the side looks like something out of a cops and robbers movie... biggrin.gif
Brando
All of Riverside PD cars look like that smile.gif
Toast
Naw, they look more like this:

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Ok, I had to resize the scanned images. Poor Ron. I emailed him 5meg images and he has dial up. They were the size of a football field! blink.gif Sorry man. I was in a hurry. Here are my sketches from my harness to mate teh 911 engine harness to the 914 board and system. Any questions/clarifications needed, just ask. I also included teh CDI wiring to the 914.
SLITS
Not only is he gonna be a great Doc, he's a master electrician...... smilie_pokal.gif

Ok Aaron....bury these in the Classics for others who seem bent on destroying grey cells buy doing a conversion.

It took a while and some research to figure out that my engine had been converted from external to internal regulator. Ahhhh, the elusive 3 prong alt connector. wink.gif
Aaron Cox
hooray....

it run yet?
SLITS
Do the wiring, mount fuel pump & filter and modify an oil line...and maybe vroooom........
Toast
And probably cough, cough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.