Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need 914/D-Jetronic books
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
240d
what a difficult website/forum to navigate...and searches usually yield nothing. I'll put more time into understanding this website. This must be my first post! smile.gif

I'm trying to find out what books people recommend for general 914 information/diagnosing. Specifically, I want to find a book that deals with bosch d-jetronic systems like on my 1974 914 2.0 litre. (specs/testing procedures for the map sensor, and so forth). I'm a mechanic, so I will be doing everything through my own efforts on my car. What do you guys recommend?

Books that I have seen so far are:
1. TECH TIPS 700 FOR PORSCHE 914 BY DR. 914; 914 1970-76 (autoatlanta.com)
2. Porsche 914 Fuel Injection Manual 70-76, 1.7 and 2.0L By Jim somebody (ebay)
3. Haynes 914 manual. (a little lacking in most areas)
swl
The best compilation of D-Jet stuff is Brad Anders web site. He has done a great job of bringing everthing you need together in one spot.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/
bob174
QUOTE(swl @ Aug 6 2006, 12:39 PM) *

The best compilation of D-Jet stuff is Brad Anders web site. He has done a great job of bringing everthing you need together in one spot.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/

agree.gif
Don't need no books with Brad's site.
type47
did you really mean MAP sensor? the factory workshop manual has FI testing. i'll try to find the link to a set available on the net.
240d
thanks a lot guys smile.gif beer.gif
Bleyseng
To work on a MPS (MAP sensor) you will need a inductance meter like the Wavetek and a LM1 meter w/O2 sensor. Inside a MPS is nothing to fancy but to recalibrate one you will need these tools or access to a shop with a exhaust meter.

Brad's site has more info than any shop manual.

So what's wrong with your FI? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.