Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WE need carbon fiber parts ASAP!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Post your CF parts wish list here and be heard by anyone willing to take the CF challenge ie FIBERCATION! I for one would like a CF targa top, bumpers, doors ect...Speek and perhaps be heard by some onlooker who is willing to do it for a decent $$$$ We as a COLLECTIVE are looking for a good deal! I will forward a list of club intereted peeps to them if you want.

beer.gif CF the other dark meat!
JPB
For those who are affraid of the UV problem with CF, my search proves that an acrylic clear coat will be perfect for a UV block since , from the Dupont car paint pro's, this is one of it's natural attributes.

beer.gif Who wants candy at a discount?
Brando
Early Bumpers. Front with AND without an opening for front oel cooler :beer:
JPB
Yes request #1 and still going strong!! WE have an order for an oil/beer cooler vented CF bumper. You are a genious!!

beer.gif Keepem coming folks! Any more bumpers!!! I want stock CF bumpers don't you?
Andyrew
CF front and rear hoods... CF shift nobs (real c/f) CF headlight tops, CF targa top, CF pedal board.

JPB
Yesss!

:agree:How about inner door skins with built on arm rests?
Jake Raby
Good luck finding material...

18 months ago I paid 18 bucks a yard for it, now IF you can find anything worth a damn its over 150.00/yard!!

I have suspended all my carbon parts till the supplies come back up again..
JPB
I understand and the Lebanon/Iran thing is gonna make matters worse I'm affraid. But hey, it never hurts to dream and unite as one 914 Parts Brigade even if its only to make some noise.

beer.gif Gotta work off some of them calories ya know since they won't let us hunt with bows and arrows year round anymore,LOL

WTF.gif Chear up boys, they might have some CF to burn up and don't seem to have a MILITARY contract so ask before the asking gets high as hell!! WHAT PART SAY YOU?
jwalters
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 6 2006, 07:56 PM) *

Good luck finding material...

18 months ago I paid 18 bucks a yard for it, now IF you can find anything worth a damn its over 150.00/yard!!

I have suspended all my carbon parts till the supplies come back up again..

We in the aeospace industry have been given a difinitive timeline to a resumed unrestricted supply of CF.

Two years from last June 18th. That is when, by government tax break and land lease accords, three new CF plants will be fully operational -

Until then - good luck. everybody who was hording the stuff saw the writing on the wall and is making like a fat rat now. Even russia is sending to all aerospace entities all it can and it is not even making a dent -
JPB
We in the aeospace industry have been given a difinitive timeline to a resumed unrestricted supply of CF.

NASA? Hey youall throw this stuff away by the roles RIGHT?LOL

happy11.gif Click? Twill?
jwalters
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 6 2006, 08:30 PM) *

NASA? Hey youall throw this stuff away by the roles RIGHT?LOL

happy11.gif Click? Twill?

Na, we don't use the stuff - we like good ole ceramics
JPB
Ceramics are the schmit if you got them new Porsche brakes for 15K.

beer.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 6 2006, 08:40 PM) *

Ceramics are the schmit if you got them new Porsche brakes for 15K.

beer.gif

The really, really, funny? Where you think Porsche got the technology from???

NASA is contracted from the globe over for special projects - kinda had to due to the gov't taking millions, if not, billions id funding away from them.......
JPB
And we ain't even hit hard times yet.

beer.gif Eat, drink and be merry!
East coaster
I'd like to see the targa trim pieces in CF.
JPB
Ya nice detail. Hey, we can do that with "carbon fiber tape" and it would look cool since CF would not impart any real weight savings there!

beer.gif Thanks for the idea!
Brando
I'm going to add dash caps, dashboards and the underneath trim piece to my list of CF wishlist parts. A complete dashboard weighs about 80#.
JPB
Yes an overhaul can give us 5 extra HPs! If it weighed only three pounds installed.

beer.gif Dream dash anyone?

We gotta get at least one group item from these folks!
Howard
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

You used 'C/F' and 'need' in the same sentence. chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.