Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Virginia/Maryland/DC Teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Moneypit
Hey, seems like there's a bunch of 914's up and around here. How many in the area?

That, and wheres the best place in the area to get one worked on or get parts locally?
JPB
I'm 45 minutes east of Frederickburg and still looking for some parts. Some members have extra cars for parts and am not certain if they come on this site regularly. I'm still looking and will let you know if I find anything.

beer.gif Chears
Moneypit
I've actually got a second 74 sitting out in west texas, once i get the road-worty one out here, im gonna get it sent to phoenix so my parents can help me part it out.
ws91420
I'm in Fredericksburg and there is one other here that I know of on the board. Moneypit where are you now? Your profile says AZ.
plas76targa
I'm up in Frederick, MD. There's a pretty sizable crowd of us from VA, DC, and MD.

You just missed a few of us at my place this past weekend. Reinstalled the engine/transmission, valves adjusted, installed new throttle and spedo cables. We had one teener from Fredericksburg, Jens was his name. Crash914, ie Herb, was here from Woodstock, MD. Zymurgist, ie Ken, was here too. He's from Hagerstown. Lest I not forget Dr Evil, Mike, from Hershey, PA.

Can't help you with where to get the car's worked on. I buy parts mail order or from other board members.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 6 2006, 10:36 PM) *

Can't help you with where to get the car's worked on. I buy parts mail order or from other board members.

And I work on his car wink.gif
Rick L
I'm in Columbia and can vouch for the Evil one! cool_shades.gif welcome.png
type47
i can name 10-12 in northern VA and MD. did you see the 914 mid-atlantic ramble notice for 9/16(ish) in No VA?
Moneypit
I'm actually a Marine, stastioned at MarBks Washington, 8th&I. So I'm literally in DC. My car's actually in phoenix, gettin it put back together after it shat on me back in may of 04. i havent worked on it because ive been in the marines since feb 05, but i'm getting Stuttgart Southwest down in Tempe AZ to put the motor back in and get it running. "hopefully" it'll be done in time for a trip at thanksgiving time to Ohio...

Mine's a 74 2.0, someone was trying to make a Creamsicle clone, as i found the vins didnt line up in the right timeframe... kinda a hasty buy, i regret it somewhat.. but since i wont drive it too much since i'm a guard, hopefully i can get it running real good and start hitting up events on my off-weekends.

Whats the scoop on the ramble in northern virginia? i reeeaallly hope its one of the weekends i get off...

anyways, if anyones tooling around the area on a weekend, or would want an extra garage monkey, let me know.
crash914
welcome.. your best sorce for parts etc. is just to ask here for what you need. Most of us have lots of extra stuff that we want to get rid of.

my advise, get the car running, bring it out and have fun...

by the way, I spent 6 years in Tempe and Mesa....

Feel free to swing by any "car party" or event. of course we will make fun if you aren't driving a 914... (mine is on jacks anyway)..

good to have you around...
crash914
oh I almost forgot...

Look at the "members map" tab at the top of the screen...
type47
"lots" of porsche stuff to do in DC area. the local pca chapter is pcapotomac.org. they are having a crab feast this weekend, 8/12. check the site for more info. they are also having a tech inspection 8/12 to inspect cars for an event the following weekend. free inspection and basically hang around. (free donuts!). there is alot of posting by locals on the dorkiphus.com board. mostly 911 guys and FEWC's. i get all my 914 action here. don't miss the 914 cookout 9/16

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=52921

there are many independent shops in the DC area. one of them, AutoSportSystemsGroup (ASG), is located in merrifield VA about 15 mi W of DC and the owner, Ray, is the pca potomac 914 model expert and races a 914.
Moneypit
Awesome! Hopefully the car will be out here by thanksgiving, then i'll make sure i get to a meet out here.
evan
Welcome to the area. I'm in Gaithersburg, MD with a1.7 convert to 2.0 maybe. Ask Dr. Evil on that. Most guys here it seems work on their own but without the knowledge or alot of time I found a decent shop in Rockville. Only works on BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche 911 and now 914 etc. Been around for about 30 years. PM me and I will get you their name and number

scottb
this is a great area for teeners! beer.gif

however i will be re-joining the nor-east contingent just in time for winter! dry.gif

you would be hard pressed to find a better group than those around here. make contact and meet these guys in person. you will not be disappointed.

drunk.gif

terrymason
Lots of great 914 guys in NOVA - however, I've just moved to VA beach. Anyone around here?
ws91420
QUOTE(terrymason @ Aug 7 2006, 09:18 PM) *

Lots of great 914 guys in NOVA - however, I've just moved to VA beach. Anyone around here?

Terry, Anjie and I will be in that area Labor Day w/e (honeymoon) Going to the 3 Doors Down concert on Sunday there. Actually staying at a hotel in Newport News.
Kerrys914
driving.gif

There are two of us in Williamsburg.. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you my details.
kerrys914@yahoo.com

Stop by anytime beerchug.gif or let me know if you need help with some sawzall-smiley.gif or smash.gif or welder.gif or ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.