Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O/T My new project - My E Ticket Ride
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
aktion035.gif

I know there are some airplane pilot types in here so this one is especially for you.

Many of you will prolly know about this one:

jwalters
This is the second BEDE Aircraft BD-5B I will have built. Now that the teener is finished and I now have a job I no longer need to sell it (thank the good LORD, Cause I was about to eat my lunch on it).

I have gone all out on this one. The crown jewel is my carbon-fiber propeller. Talk about a work of absolute stunning mechanical art!!!

I am developing a new wing for it which should allow myself to cruise around 225 MPH at 14,000 feet. Oh yea, and also am developing a killer sound system in it with a pounding 10 incher and fosgate satellite speakers hooked up to a NOS radio shack 40 watt five band eq/booster and my MP3 player. ( I bet many of us know about that little jewel)

First flight in about 6-9 months (that is ifn I can keep a job....chuckle)
Joe Bob
Rotax power plant?
watsonrx13
First off, let me say that it's great to hear that you don't have to sell your 914....

Second, that would be a great commuter plane. I live in Plant City, but work in Clearwater. I'd love to be able to hop in a plane and commute to work. The airport at home is about a mile away from my house and the St.Pete/Clearwater airport is about 3 miles from my work....

-- Rob
jwalters
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Aug 6 2006, 08:41 PM) *

First off, let me say that it's great to hear that you don't have to sell your 914....

Second, that would be a great commuter plane. I live in Plant City, but work in Clearwater. I'd love to be able to hop in a plane and commute to work. The airport at home is about a mile away from my house and the St.Pete/Clearwater airport is about 3 miles from my work....

-- Rob

To do that is much, much easier than one would think............that is exactly what I am using it for. I am an aerospace contractor and when it is time for a new contract in a new city, I pre-position my tools and then fly back and forth. Nothing like putting in an 8 hour day <and> be home EVERY day. Let me see......6 hour drive vs. 1.3 hour flight. I am sold..........cause in a car you cannot unwind by doing a bunch of Immelmans, rolls, loops, hell whatever to relax you after a hard day.........
jwalters
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 6 2006, 08:36 PM) *

Rotax power plant?

Na, Hirth FI 85HP - - same amount of power my teener makes, and yet all up weight is only 575 lbs!!!

ALMOST a 1:1 thrust to weight ratio!
HeloMech
that is almost entirely too cool.

jimkelly
There is one at the dulles smithsonian museum.

The slickest thing there.

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/image/25096058.jpg

Jim

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.