Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: scotty b
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
drunk.gif you got that water humper finished yet??? drunk.gif
JoeSharp
Back from the dead. Good to hear from you. Seen Sam? Still in school?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
scotty b
Yo, brother long time no insult!! Nah the humper is at home now. I left the "dream job" because werk was WAY to sporadic and I got tired of writing my checking account down to $23.00 every month. Literally $23.00, so the car had to come home. Got it all stripped down and primed, half of it is in sealer and has 2 tarps keeping it dry until I can get it inside somewhere. Dads 914 is still on the stands in the same state it was in 6 months ago, and I keep werking on P.O.S. to try and make an extra buck dry.gif New job is pretty lame compared to the last. Kinda dissapointing to be restoring a $130,000 race car one week and fixing a bent Honda Accord the next, but the pay is good, the werk is more than steady (hell this is the first time I've checked into the site in 2.5 weeks blink.gif ) and most of the shops werk is powder coating so I'm gonna be doing EVERYTHING in and under my cars with powder now clap56.gif What's new wit you? School over yet ? Got any hot teachers? Waldo in your class?Have you seen juniors grades? Oh, I still hate your ass for your new career finger.gif Gonna have to start calling you T.C. av-943.gif Keep Sabbath on the ground and the plane in the air bro beerchug.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 6 2006, 10:46 PM) *

Back from the dead. Good to hear from you. Seen Sam? Still in school?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

Hey Joe - beer3.gif don't know how I missed your posting, sorry. Yea man, back from the dead alright. Almost a year w/o work. My credit cards have taken a beating, hehe. WAS still in school, until our gov't changed the criteria for being qualified for financial aid. Needless to say the war is taking its toll on funding and the MAN is looking for pocket change the world over. At least I got my instrument ticket before departing -

Now, to make my turbo header and get the thing plumbed up - beer.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 19 2006, 09:00 PM) *

Yo, brother long time no insult!! Nah the humper is at home now. I left the "dream job" because werk was WAY to sporadic and I got tired of writing my checking account down to $23.00 every month. Literally $23.00, so the car had to come home. Got it all stripped down and primed, half of it is in sealer and has 2 tarps keeping it dry until I can get it inside somewhere. Dads 914 is still on the stands in the same state it was in 6 months ago, and I keep werking on P.O.S. to try and make an extra buck dry.gif New job is pretty lame compared to the last. Kinda dissapointing to be restoring a $130,000 race car one week and fixing a bent Honda Accord the next, but the pay is good, the werk is more than steady (hell this is the first time I've checked into the site in 2.5 weeks blink.gif ) and most of the shops werk is powder coating so I'm gonna be doing EVERYTHING in and under my cars with powder now clap56.gif What's new wit you? School over yet ? Got any hot teachers? Waldo in your class?Have you seen juniors grades? Oh, I still hate your ass for your new career finger.gif Gonna have to start calling you T.C. av-943.gif Keep Sabbath on the ground and the plane in the air bro beerchug.gif

Whut up BIATCH!!!!! Know all too well about jobs - Doing contract work now on Falcons to make ends meet. Took almost a year to get work, man I am a hurting - seems almost all aviation is going contract. Something is pushing it, don't know what, but every day another flight department dismisses its permanent hires for contractors. Uncle Sam once again stuck it to me and now I do not qualify for financial aid. (lets see, 15 yr veteran, no job, no income, about to live in a tent, have child to support - - - and NOT QUALIFIED FOR AID ?!?) headbang.gif

<SIGH>

So, going to stick it with contracting for awhile - Decided to shift careers ( after much discussion and investigation it was my conclusion that: while Delta training academy was liquid and vibrant - almost every single air carrier was in the shit hole. Couple this with exorbitantly new stringent rules for charter operators headbang.gif and I was staring a mountain climb to reach the Pilot -in-command required times to acquire a job) So, once again in the interest of safety afforded by gov't intervention this is now on hold too - -

<SIGH>

So now I am going to pursue my second love - Going to start a coffee house business. Have a stunning business concept and am working up the plan over the next few months - ( in the words of Bill Gates at the inception of MS: You want in???) beer3.gif Would be nice to own a business and tell others what to do happy11.gif - almost nil overhead and a profit to cost ratio of 250:1!!!!) This is one segment that has grown by 1000% a year for ten years and shows NO signs of slowing down.

Do good with the powder coating - make them snappy!!!

Thinking of you brother - sheeplove.gif

scotty b
Can I get a job in your coffe shop reciting poetry on stage for all the finger snappin' hipsters? You know you have to get a brick building with tight quarters and fill the room with (fake) ciggarette smoke to really do it right, right? Or are you gonna do a Hooters type coffee house? That would be killer!! Get all hopped up on caffeine beer3.gif and get all boned up looking at hot young (18+) girls humungoid jub jubbs! drooley.gif I'm in chowtime.gif

That really sucks about school and werk man. REEEEALLY sucks to spend the better part of your life doing what you love only to find out it just isn't going to happen due to some outside force ar15.gif

Just remember....no matter how hard you try the man will always keep the brother down. Viva la revolution. It's time to march on Washington. We didn't land on Plymouth rock....Plymouth rock landed on us. Fight the power smiley_notworthy.gif

dry.gif WTF.gif screwy.gif sheeplove.gif

aktion035.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 20 2006, 09:48 AM) *

Can I get a job in your coffe shop reciting poetry on stage for all the finger snappin' hipsters? You know you have to get a brick building with tight quarters and fill the room with (fake) ciggarette smoke to really do it right, right? Or are you gonna do a Hooters type coffee house? That would be killer!! Get all hopped up on caffeine beer3.gif and get all boned up looking at hot young (18+) girls humungoid jub jubbs! drooley.gif I'm in chowtime.gif

That really sucks about school and werk man. REEEEALLY sucks to spend the better part of your life doing what you love only to find out it just isn't going to happen due to some outside force ar15.gif

Just remember....no matter how hard you try the man will always keep the brother down. Viva la revolution. It's time to march on Washington. We didn't land on Plymouth rock....Plymouth rock landed on us. Fight the power smiley_notworthy.gif

A portion of my business plan:

First, the store will be staffed with only 18 yr old greek goddesses.

Second, they will wear brady bunch style skirts (1" below the YEEEEHAW, exactly like what catholic schools require).

Third, bra's are a no-no and wearing one would be a fireable offense.

Fourth, there will be a calendar and I shall be the photog.

Fifth, anyone who drives a teener to the store drinks and eats for free.

Other suggestions?? drunk.gif

dry.gif WTF.gif screwy.gif sheeplove.gif

aktion035.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.