Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '73 Ravenna green 2 litre
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
magaoidh
After 11 months of frustrating endeavour I have finally managed to buy a decent 914.Its Chris Campbell's ex car and its now on the pond to Sydney,OZ.Lets hope the Pacific is pacific!
I would like to take the opportunity to thank people who have helped in one way or another,namely Kevin Conway,Joe Sharp,Clayton,Boxstr(nearly bought that one Craig)SKline(good guy for a ppi)Bill Grimstead,Karl Simer,Rich Bontempi,Rich Linsdall,Chris Campbell,the guru, Dave Darling,John Steczkowski(the PO) and last but not least my mate Jeff Duncan, the Texan who drove from Corpus Christi to Austin to inspect the car for me and wouldnt even accept petrol money.How's that for a good bloke?I think I will sell him the Harbour Bridge for a Xmas pesent!I am sure I have missed some people,thanks to you too!
Now I wont be spending 4 hours a day on the net chasing a car.(it will be parts )
I can hardly wait to get it in my garage and up on stands.(thats normal operating position isnt it?)
Jeff tells me they are great cars to drive(I havent driven one yet)
I know,I know,TTIUWP.The original ad is still in cars for sale.(John Stecz, '73 Ravenna green for sale)
I will try and get some pics up otherwise.
If you blokes manage to get to OZ I will shout you a beer or two,but dont all lob at once.
Regards, Geoff McGee P.S.Dave,Magaoidh is the Gaelic spelling of my surname.
JPB
Goojob mate!! Now thats what I call love of a car or has read so much he is hooked like the rest of us. Hope you like it and it keeps you happy for many years to come. Hope you don't have any speed signs in your neck of the world either.

beer.gif Chears!
JoeSharp
Geoff finaly got a car, now we can all relax. biggrin.gif Kool Geoff, I hope you enjoy it.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
jim_hoyland
Geoff,

Congrats ! clap56.gif Do they require right hand steering in Aus ?
Joe Bob
Gonna get the evil eye from the cops when ya tool down the road driving on the wrong side....
magaoidh
I'll only take it out at night!!! yuk yuk. They changed the rules a few years back and I will be keeping it LHD.Get this; I am driving along with the wife in the RH seat, topless, I mean the car, she sticks both her hands up in the air, driver in car behind has a heart attack.
Bleyseng
Wow, you got a great car! You will have a blast with it in on all those empty outback roads.

I am coming to OZ in late Sept so we should hook up for a beer. I can hand carry some small parts too for you if you need some.
magaoidh

"Wow, you got a great car! You will have a blast with it in on all those empty outback roads.

I am coming to OZ in late Sept so we should hook up for a beer. I can hand carry some small parts too for you if you need some."

You mean the outback roads with the six foot deep potholes?When it rains they fill up with water and saltwater crocs?
Sounds good where are you visiting?

Bleyseng
QUOTE(magaoidh @ Aug 7 2006, 03:56 PM) *

You mean the outback roads with the six foot deep potholes? When it rains they fill up with water and saltwater crocs?

Hehe, those are like the roads in Suriname where I practiced my AXing skills! Driving a 4x4 pickup at 80 mph down crappy potholed roads to French Guyane. The locals driving other trucks wanted to know how a American knew how to drive so well! " Hey, just like the AX course in Bremerton"

I am going to Brisbane and Sydney and other places I am not sure of so far.
thewheel69
At least you got the right color! Wish mine was a '73 2.0 (74-1.8) but she's still a hoot to drive... finally got her namesake license tag the other day... gotta love sushi!
magaoidh
Should see you in Sydney,Geoff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.